We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hook bracelets

Saint Cloud...
Level Contributor
554 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Hook bracelets

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone here has purchased a hook bracelet and where?

I'm assuming they would be at some higher end jewelery store down town or on the hip strip or are they both the same place?

Thanks.

Saint Cloud...
Level Contributor
554 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hook bracelets

Also, I was wondering about the airport. Does it have shops, restaurants, jewelery stores that might have items for less?

Thanks again.

Vista, CA
Level Contributor
749 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hook bracelets

I've never checked out their jewelry stores at the airport but I know the clothes cost less.

Mayville, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,379 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hook bracelets

I got mine at SamSara's (Negril) gift shop...$30US & excellent quality :)

Sault Ste. Marie...
Level Contributor
590 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hook bracelets

If you don't mind..what is a hook bracelet? Never heard of it.

Thanks

Terri

Saint Cloud...
Level Contributor
554 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hook bracelets

Thanks everyone...I did some more research and found some places in the City Center have them, there are also fine jewelery stores in the airport I can check out, in case I don't get my lazy butt of my beach chair.

As for what they are, I copied and pasted:

The Caribbean Hook Bracelet first became popular on St. Croix in the U.S. Virgin Islands to celebrate love and good fortune. Recently, the islands of the Caribbean have adopted the Hook Bracelet as it's own signature bracelet. If you wear the Hook facing toward your heart, your heart is taken and good fortune will come your way. If you wear the Hook away from your heart, you are available and sharing your good fortune.

If you google them, you'll find lots more info too.

;-)

ps...my sister in law has about 8 of them from different places in the Caribbean. I'd like to start a collection of them as keepsakes from places I've been to as well.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hook bracelets

hey:

I just checked them out at:

www.caribbeanbracelet.com

They are awesome looking and you can buy them in sterling silver, 14k dipped, or 14k solid gold.

Prices vary but appear to be resonable.

You can get one that has the hook with the letters JAM on it.

Check them out!!

Taly

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
898 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hook bracelets

Hi Claudia,

I got mine at Tropicana Jewelers in Montego Bay. I love it and never take it off. They also have hook bracelets with starfish, dolphins, etc. as part of the hook.

Merrill, WI
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hook bracelets

I looked them up as well and am interested in purchasing one. We are staying at BRB and was wondering if there is a store near there to purchase them or can it be done at the airport. If so, cost???

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,439 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hook bracelets

They also amke ones that are unique to the different islands. One of the first that was made was in Key West - they are great. I have made it my mission to collect one from each island.

10. Re: Hook bracelets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 06:50