We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night clubs near Iberostar MoBay???

New Jersey
Level Contributor
118 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Night clubs near Iberostar MoBay???

Hi again everyone,

My husband and I just read that the iberostar has absolulty no nightly entertainment YUK

We are not sure how far away the clubs will be from this resort? Can anyone help? I have heard of witches and the strip....how far is this from our resort?

Thank you,

Tracey

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,498 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Night clubs near Iberostar MoBay???

The best club in MoBay is Pier 1. Well worth the taxi ride. Google it for information.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Night clubs near Iberostar MoBay???

I believe the Iberostar is closer (in) to Rosehall... which is about 10-15 min or so outside Moby proper...

a cab to the hipstrip would take, well, 10-15, maybe a smidgeon more min or so.. cost probably 10-15US each way... maybe a little more, not sure...

Pier 1 is the biggest club in Mobay, can be a bit more of a local scene, but a wild place and tourist friendly still... it's about 15-20 min from rosehall i'd say... maybe i'm underestimating??

witches? maybe that's a local club? not sure... there is the white witch of rose hall, could be a play on that... I'm not familiar with it.. it is likely closer than those i'm suggesting, but i'm not sure on the crowd or whatnot...

the strip is probably the hip strip... discussed above...

Hope that helps some

Chelle

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night clubs near Iberostar MoBay???

hey:

Iberostar resorts always have night life!!

They have a disco, few bars with entertainment (piano player or band), and stuff going on around the pool area.

Definitely should have nightly entertainment,

here is their advertising of Iberostar in Jamaica.

Sports & Entertainment

Our Star Friends team offers sports entertainment during the day. The PADI Dive

Center located at the complex offers catamarans, kayaks, and snorkeling and diving lessons in the pool, at no extra charge (for limited time and based on availability).

Shows and live music can be enjoyed in the evenings.

We have stayed at a few Iberostars over the years and they all had live entertainment nightly. Last year in the one in the DR---they did the live musical The Lion King.

Anyways, don't forget to visit Margarittaville!!

Taly

CHICAGO
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Night clubs near Iberostar MoBay???

Well for starters the night life in mobay is mainly on the hipstrip(the party street). Clubs like the margaritaville will send a complimentary shuttle to the hotel nightly to pick you up. Other places like the Pier One and the Brewery are really cool party spots and they are all within twenty minutes from the hotel.

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Night clubs near Iberostar MoBay???

The Iberostar is not in Mobay. It is in Rose Hall, a solid 15-20 minutes from the Hip Strip.

Any place calling it the Iberostar Montego Bay should have their right to sell the property taken away.

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Night clubs near Iberostar MoBay???

I agree about Pier1. It is well worth the taxi ride and gets busy late. Friday is usually the best night or concert nights are great.

http://www.pieronejamaica.com/main.shtml

7. Re: Night clubs near Iberostar MoBay???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 00:50