We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montego Bay Airport To Sandals Whitehouse

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
117 posts
494 reviews
Montego Bay Airport To Sandals Whitehouse

Hi,

Thinking about going to Sandals Whitehouse in the middle of April next year.

How far is the transfer from Mo Bay Airport? is it nearer than Negril?

Also is this a busy time of year? what percentage do you think the occupancy will be?

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,808 posts
47 reviews
1. Re: Montego Bay Airport To Sandals Whitehouse

SWH is actually a little bit farther to go than Negril.

MBJ to SWH is approximately 1 1/2 hrs and from MBJ to SN is approx 1 1/4 hours. This of course depends on traffic and any possible construction issues. Also...the shuttle driver might or might not stop for a rest break (read that as getting a beer!).

Hopefully someone will chime in to give you feedback about travelling in April. Our trips have always been in Jan/Feb when occupancy is at or close to being full.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
117 posts
494 reviews
2. Re: Montego Bay Airport To Sandals Whitehouse

Ok thanks for that. Am I right in saying that if you book direct with Sandals they provide the transfer with in the cost?

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,808 posts
47 reviews
3. Re: Montego Bay Airport To Sandals Whitehouse

Part of your package no matter where you book is complimentary transportation to and from the resort. We always book through our travel agent.

When you land at MBJ and go through immigration/customs and pick up your luggage, you will easily find the Sandals Lounge where you can use the facilities and enjoy a snack and a cold beer which you can take on the shuttle. The wait won't be at all long until they call you for the shuttles, which are nicely air conditioned!

Riverview, Florida
Level Contributor
731 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: Montego Bay Airport To Sandals Whitehouse

April is not really as busy as the winter season. I have been there around the Easter Holiday and it was too bad. Usually the low periods begin in the middle of April.

We can never really tell what the occupancy will be. So go and enjoy your trip. I'm looking forward to Easter around the end of April.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,808 posts
47 reviews
5. Re: Montego Bay Airport To Sandals Whitehouse

One thing I just thought of....Reunion Week is held in April at Sandals resorts and this does bring out a larger number of returnees. I don't know the date...usually around Easter I think. You might want to check out the dates in case you want to be there then or avoid being there then! :)

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,808 posts
47 reviews
6. Re: Montego Bay Airport To Sandals Whitehouse

...fyi...just chatted with the online rep and she said the dates for Reunion Week 2011 are in April but have not been set as of yet.

Milford, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,194 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: Montego Bay Airport To Sandals Whitehouse

Oh my....once again the online reps are giving out bad information!! Reunion Week is held at the same time EVERY YEAR at all the Sandals resorts so I am not sure how this person didn't know the dates.

The "official" dates are always the Monday-Friday following Easter and in 2011 that would be April 25th-29th. I say "official" because most of the resorts will have events that take place starting the Saturday or Sunday before and will go through the Saturday/Sunday after. As returning guests, as long as your stay includes the Monday and Friday (you can arrive on Monday and/or leave on Friday) you will receive double SSC points for that booking....plus a LOT MORE! : -)

As for the transfer to SWH vs. SNG, they are pretty much equal when you factor in the traffic, weather, a possible stop 1/2 way, etc....

Occupancies will still be quite high in April thanks to the late Reunion Week/Easter holiday.

IrieLady

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
Level Contributor
8,808 posts
47 reviews
8. Re: Montego Bay Airport To Sandals Whitehouse

Thanks IrieLady...I did find it strange that the dates "hadn't been set yet". Glad you were able to clarify...it is definitely hit and miss with getting accurate information online!

9. Re: Montego Bay Airport To Sandals Whitehouse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2011, 10:47