We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best nude c/o experience - CSS vs. Breezes / Grand Lido

USA
1 post
Best nude c/o experience - CSS vs. Breezes / Grand Lido

I really am looking for a 5 star non-nudist resort with a nude beach and pool to introduce my wife to the lifestyle.

These look to be the best 4 star options:

Breezes / Grand Lido Braco

Breezes / Grand Lido Negril

Couples San Souci

Anyone that can compare them? Want nicest room, best food and prettiest beach. Thanks!

Edited: 07 January 2010, 08:38
Maryland
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Best nude c/o experience - CSS vs. Breezes / Grand Lido

Check out this web site:

http://grandlidovisitorshangout.yuku.com/

You will find plenty of information on the Breezes resorts. GLN has a clothing optional beach that all guests can use. It is not as nice as the prude beach though. GLB has the best nude beach and facility in Jamaica; however, unless you book that side of the resort, there is an extra charge. The rooms are cheaper on the prude side, but you pay $85 per person per day to use the nude side. You must be nude, it is not clothing optional. The beach is great.

Never been to San Souci.

I assume your reference to "the lifestyle" refers to the nude beach. Someone may take that reference the wrong way. Swinging is often referred to as "the Lifestyle."

If you do decide to visit the nude side, DO NOT WAIT UNTIL YOUR LAST DAY. Most folks who do, regret it. Go early in your trip, preferably your first day. Like many folks, you will stay on the nude side for the rest of the trip.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
35 reviews
2. Re: Best nude c/o experience - CSS vs. Breezes / Grand Lido

If you are looking to introduce your wife to nude beach/pool, the most non intimidating environment would be Couples San Souci, as the nude beach/pool is a "destination" at the resort, meaning its off to the side and no rooms look onto it like at Breezes Negril. The beach is ok to average. As stated by the previous poster, at Breezes Rio Bueno you either need to book the nude side (at a substantially larger price than the prude side) or pay an $85 per person per day upcharge to visit. Another option for for a good introduction to nude sunbathing would be Couples Negril. There is a secluded beach area with its own bar, and you can't beat the beach in Negril.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,530 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: Best nude c/o experience - CSS vs. Breezes / Grand Lido

Also Couples Tower Isle has a all nude beach, the island is all nude during the day.

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
4. Re: Best nude c/o experience - CSS vs. Breezes / Grand Lido

Having experience with all three, I would choose Breezes Grand Negril in a heartbeat... The property is simply GORGEOUS, the beach there is incredible in comparison and the dining is the most accoladed in the entire Caribbean. The c/o beach area is on it's own private beach cove and the beach itself is not viewable from the rooms on that side as it 'sunken' behind a grassy swell that surrounds it. As far as CSS goes, there is only a nude beach itself, no pool or jacuzzis etc.

Blessings and respect.

Steve

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
5. Re: Best nude c/o experience - CSS vs. Breezes / Grand Lido

By the way...

"Want nicest room, best food and prettiest beach."

Breezes Grand Negril, Breezes Grand Negril, Breezes Grand Negril.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
35 reviews
6. Re: Best nude c/o experience - CSS vs. Breezes / Grand Lido

Been to all of them myself and my personal favorite is Breezes Negril, but the "nicest room" part threw me off of it. Although come to think of it the rooms there are nicer than Couples Negril.

canada
Level Contributor
112 posts
7. Re: Best nude c/o experience - CSS vs. Breezes / Grand Lido

Grand Lido Braco, now, Breezes Rio Bueno, has the best nude facilities in Jamaica...hands down, bar none!!

Beautiful swimming pool... lunchtime buffet so that you don't have to 'leave' for lunch if you desire...huge hot tub, and a perfectly fine nude side beach which is very spacious and inviting. The 2 buildings on the A/N side have very large balconies and are only a few stones throw away from the sea.

By comparison, the nude pool at Breezes Grand Negril is tiny. The hot tub is tiny. The nude beach is tiny. If you're hoping for a first time nude experience, you will likely feel mighty uncomfortable when guests who are fully dressed wander over and even stay - which is perfectly acceptable as the area is clothing optional and NOT A/N - especially since the area is, well, so tiny...I'm feeling claustrophobic just thinking about it!!

That being said, I love Negril and have just returned from our 3rd trip there. IF GLB was in Negril - I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else.

"Another option for a good introduction to nude sunbathing would be Couples Negril."

I'm a little confused by this statement as anyone walking the beach on Bloody Bay would stroll right by CN's portion of 'nude beach'.

Level Contributor
641 posts
1 review
8. Re: Best nude c/o experience - CSS vs. Breezes / Grand Lido

Very strange that posters that have been to ALL three did not see the jacuzzi Tub at the Nude section at CN, The pool and Jacuzzi tub at the Nude beach at CSS and the swim up pool bar on the nude island at CTI.

I am

Gary Stephens

Vice President of Operations

Couples Resorts.

St. Paul, MN
Level Contributor
90 posts
8 reviews
9. Re: Best nude c/o experience - CSS vs. Breezes / Grand Lido

So.......how about giving this first time couples resort guest a great deal? I intend to leave an honest review.

Level Contributor
641 posts
1 review
10. Re: Best nude c/o experience - CSS vs. Breezes / Grand Lido

Shevas - The best deals ANYWHERE is in 2010 - You will not find hotels discounting this way again.

2010 is the year to travel - book and go!!

I bet you want to be in Jamaica right now - LOL