We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gifts for Housekeeping, etc at Sandals Resorts

Canada
Level Contributor
860 posts
28 reviews
Gifts for Housekeeping, etc at Sandals Resorts

In one of the Sandals Facebook groups people are talking about bringing chocolate, candies and toiletries for the housekeeping staff because you can't tip them cash. I've also heard of people bringing hats, pencils, etc with the Canadian flag on them. Are these things that they would actually need or want? I would definitely like to leave them small gifts if it's appropriate, but it seems a bit presumptuous to me to assume that these are things that are actually wanted.

Does anyone have any insight into what an appropriate gift for housekeeping would be in lieu of tipping? Is it common to leave gifts at Sandals resorts for various staff members who can't accept tips?

3 replies to this topic
Connecticut
Level Contributor
13,086 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Gifts for Housekeeping, etc at Sandals Resorts

I have brought chocolate, water-resistant watches, composition books, pencils and erasers, pencil sharpeners, body lotion, body wash, shampoo, bath "fluffy," mosquito spray.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,194 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Gifts for Housekeeping, etc at Sandals Resorts

You can leave gifts in lieu of tips. However, it's always wise to leave or give a hand written note outlining roughly what you have left. This prevents the staff from being accused of stealing by both guests and employers.

Housekeeping love things like moisturisers, soaps, body sprays etc.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
3,449 posts
33 reviews
3. Re: Gifts for Housekeeping, etc at Sandals Resorts

Bath and Body Works products - and the semi annual sale is happening now (no I do not work there ;)

Reply to: Gifts for Housekeeping, etc at Sandals Resorts
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted