We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu roulette (riulette) punta cana, which hotel to choose

Quebec
5 posts
Riu roulette (riulette) punta cana, which hotel to choose
Save

We are leaving Nov. 3 to DR" By reading comments I am really concern about the 3 hotels available. Bambu, Taino and Naiboa. The rooms seems small and old, no beach at the Naiboa. Disco not free and all? Small pool? Which hotel would you suggest. Did someone was able to switch to a Palace instead. I am a Riu Member Class, will it get me something in return. thank you

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
7 helpful votes
1. Re: Riu roulette (riulette) punta cana, which hotel to choose
Save

If you booked the Riu Roulette (also sometimes called the Riulette) you have no control over your hotel assignment. You exchanged that right in favour of a reduced price. The Riu Reservations Department will assign your hotel on the basis of what is available. You can't have your cake and eat it too. A small percentage (about 5%) of Riulette guests are assigned to the palace but most are assigned to Riu Naiboa or Riu Bambu. Being a Riu Class member might get you a closer room to the lobby (or farther away if you prefer) but I doubt it will make a difference in hotel assignment.

Gregg

Quebec
5 posts
2. Re: Riu roulette (riulette) punta cana, which hotel to choose
Save

Gregg

So wich hotel do you suggest?

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
7 helpful votes
3. Re: Riu roulette (riulette) punta cana, which hotel to choose
Save

You don't get to pick - but if you did I would suggest the Bambu.

Gregg

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
216 posts
11 reviews
51 helpful votes
4. Re: Riu roulette (riulette) punta cana, which hotel to choose
Save

What is the "Riu Member Class?"

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
9 reviews
29 helpful votes
5. Re: Riu roulette (riulette) punta cana, which hotel to choose
Save

Le Riu Melao est plutot francais. Tres proche de la plage et pas tres occupe. Le seul probleme est que le restaurant n'a pas d'air conditoner. Le Taino ou nous avons rester May 2006 est tres vielle...la chambre de bain avec painture sur le bain et du black mold sure le plafond...nous etions pas tres exciter...et l'hotel nous permettons pas de changer de chambre a cause qu'il etait tout plein. Si je retourne j'irai au Riu Bambu...mais celle ci n'est pas parti du RIU ROULETTE. La plage est tres belle...beaucoup de palmier mature....le disco a une charge d'entrer...les piscines des 3 RIU sont tres petit...le Taino manque du peinture....le bar scent mauvais.....J'espere que vous alllez avoir qu'elle que chose pour etre Membre de Class RIU....n'hesiter pas d'aller voir votre chambre avant de l'accpeter...peut-etre si nous avions fait cela nous aurions peut-etre changer de chambre. J'ai fait plusieurs e-mail au Riu pour complaindre et nous avons pas recu rien...j'attend un peu plus longtemps et je vais envoyer d'autre emails...j'espere que vous allez aimer vos vacances. J'excuse pour mon francais...c'a fait longtemps que je l'utilise. Je vous souhaite une bonne vacance.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
9 reviews
29 helpful votes
6. Re: Riu roulette (riulette) punta cana, which hotel to choose
Save

Je m'excuse...le Bambu fait parti du ROULETTE...j'irai la avans les deus autres. Maybe if you put up a fuss you will get the Bambu...I'm sorry I have to write in English. Tell them that you expect the Bambu...if you go to Webshots you can look at pictures of the resorts...just type in the name of the resort you are looking for. My pictures are there too. The pool area of the Bambu is very nice and so is the Bar....you will not be disappointed.....the others you might be...although we spent alot of time over at the Melao...it was more quiet...we ventured all over but not at the Palaces...they wear wrist bands...the other 3 do not and when they see you have no wrist band this let's them know where you are staying. One good thing was not having to wear a wrist band. The food is average....the restaurant over near the beach at the Taino...the food was covered in flies...YUCK...I hope you have a good trip. Please ask more questions if you wish.

Toronto
Level Contributor
649 posts
2 reviews
59 helpful votes
7. Re: Riu roulette (riulette) punta cana, which hotel to choose
Save

As Gregg stated you do not have a choice of which resort you are staying in this is a lottery. It is like buying a lottery ticket and then arriving and saying I want the grand prize. The system just does not work that way. So go expecting to be placed in your least favourite and then you will be pleasantly surprised if you are placed else where. Do not get your hopes up for either of the palaces ...the odds of that are slim to nothing.

The RIUs do things well and I am sure that you will have a great vacation. Just go with an open mind.

markham
Level Contributor
286 posts
8 reviews
42 helpful votes
8. Re: Riu roulette (riulette) punta cana, which hotel to choose
Save

good question?Ouellette ,i have friends doing the riullette thing on nov 17 , i hope others read this and if they did the riullette thing please tell us where you stayed . It would make a good survey. we booked for nov 21 the palace macao.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
7 helpful votes
9. Re: Riu roulette (riulette) punta cana, which hotel to choose
Save

I had the rough split once - let me see if I can find it.

Gregg

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
7 helpful votes
10. Re: Riu roulette (riulette) punta cana, which hotel to choose
Save

About a year ago (pre-Palace Punta Cana) this was the distribution for English speaking Canadian Riulette guests (the numbers are rough and don't add up to 100 but you will get the idea):

Naiboa - 40%

Meleo - -0%

Taino - 5%

Bambu - 40%

Palace Macao - 5%

Gregg

© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.