We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight Home

Evansville, Indiana
Level Contributor
94 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Flight Home

Our flight from PC leaves at 7AM. What time is good to leave the resort?

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,342 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight Home

Which resort? Some are quite far. Some are quite close. If it is a group ground transfer, they will advise you of your pick-up time. If you are taking a private transfer such as a taxi, a general guide is that you need to be there (2) hours prior to departure.

Happy Travels!

Summerside
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight Home

They say to allow three hours as per any International flight. Sometimes, the lineups can be long.

New York
Level Contributor
525 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight Home

We just came home Saturday from the Cat Royal, which is 20 minutes from the airport. We used VIP Travel services for the transfers. Our return flight to the US was at 1pm. They told us our pick up time was 9:45am, so they allow 3 hours and 15 min. Another person in our resort used a different company and they picked her up 3 1/2 hours before her flight.

Btw....we got to the airport at 10:05am, and by the time we checked in, went through security, went throught customs, and were sitting in chairs at our gate, it was 10:25am........2 1/2 hours before our flight departure.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
229 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight Home

The whole 3 hours prior to departure is a killer. I understand its in case of emergencies, but whenever I have travelled I get there the 3 hours prior as recommended and spend two and half hours sitting checking my clock counting down the minutes.. thats when I get impatient.. lol

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight Home

Depends on what day of the week you are leaving. 7AM is pretty early so you should be fine leaving at 4:00AM. If you have paid transfers they will pick you up at least 3 hours before anyway.

Sycamore, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight Home

We are coming home on a Saturday,does that make a difference in the time you are supposed to be at the airport?We also are using VIP Transfers,Wannawin when you arrive at the Airport in PC,How do you know where your VIP transfers are located,Or do they have your name with Resort name,etc.I just don't want to be getting picked up by some guy who wants to rob you and leave you at the side of the road somewhere..Thanks so much.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,291 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight Home

After you get your baggage, exit toward the right, or just let a porter take your things, they'll lead you outside to where the various transport reps are. Your transfer company should be able to tell you exactly where to meet your rep, look for their sign.

New York
Level Contributor
525 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Flight Home

Beachbum....LaTA3 has it right. As soon as you start getting close to the exit, there will be no shortage of guys who will come up and literally take your bags out of your hands. They asked us which company we were looking for and I told them VIP. Of course first stop is at the kiosk of a guy who says "Are you folks using VIP Travel?". We say yes and stop. Super friendly guy asks us our name. Pulls out a map and starts pointing things out, and then hits us with his "come to our resort (the Hard Rock) and you'll get dinner for two, spa treatments, free transfer back and forth, etc", and I realize I fell for a timeshare rep! Stupid me! Anyway...told him no thanks, and our baggage guy took us over to the real VIP kiosk. Gave him our name and he had us and the baggage guy follow him to the van. Tipped our baggage guy and we were off.

Luba...I wouldn't mind 3 hours in the airport on the way to PC, as I'd find the nearest airport bar, but on the way home, after a week of drinking, a bar is the last thing I want to see! LOL

Sycamore, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flight Home

Thanks you guys for the quick info..

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
229 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Flight Home

Wannawin4once,

I completly agree, if the bars are open! Last time we left we took a 630 am departure, and bars were closed :( This trip will be the same thing, leaving at 630 as well.. Maybe ill sneak some of my duty free into a coffee cup and start the party early lol