We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Taxes

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Topic
Airport Taxes

I've recently seen a few posts regarding these fees being included in your airline ticket. We booked thru AirTransat Vacations--does anyone know if these fees are included? I don't recall seeing anything saying they were or were not on the information sent to me.

Thanks!

Shediac, Canada
Level Contributor
735 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Taxes

Normally if you have booked a package with Air Transat the arrival and departure taxes are included. But .... this April we were booked with Transat and flew Canjet,(whom fly Transat vacations) and the flight attendants forgot to give us our entrance ticket and everyone had to pay to get in, so got zinged twice. I always keep the extra money tucked away just in case ($10 pp going in, $20 pp going out) better safe than sorry.

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,853 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Taxes

I read a post on Puerto Plata forum from Ms. Angie that only Sunwing leaving Canada does not include the exit $20. You will need $10 for tourist card to enter.

nova scotia
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Taxes

Stacey, Transat Holidays includes the Fee for the Tourist Card which is handed out during your flight to the DR; they also include the departure tax in their package costing.

Of the Canadian Tour Operators offering DR only Sunwing and Signature Vacations DO NOT include the USD10 tourist card fee NOR the USD20 departure tax - each per person... this means, Transat Holidays, Air Canada Vacations, WestJet Vacations, Nolitours and Sunquest all pre-collect it in the tax portion of your holiday cost.

Regardless, this information should appear on your travel confirmation.

Enjoy your holiday and remember to pack the Immodium!

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Taxes

can you pay airport taxes with £ english pounds or does it have to be $ when entering and leaving Dominican Republic ?

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,200 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Taxes

The entrance visa and exit tax are collected in USD

BObK

Alberta
Level Contributor
3,609 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Taxes

Bob, I recall seeing somewhere that you can pay in Dominican pesos as well. Ours was included in the Transat package, so no personal experience.

Canada
Level Contributor
853 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Taxes

According to Sunwing, they only accept USD and cash only. For your convenience, I'd recommend having exact change ready before you leave for your airport taxes. Will save you a lot of stress especially since the airport can be really busy this time of year.

8. Re: Airport Taxes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2012, 15:47