We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lazy Rivers in Punta Cana?

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
405 posts
92 reviews
116 helpful votes
Lazy Rivers in Punta Cana?
Save

I have been looking for an all inclusive in Punta Cana that has a lazy river. My research has turned up the Grand Oasis Punta Cana, Dreams Punta Cana, Moon Palace, and Iberostar Punta Cana.

When I go to view photos of those resorts however, it doesn't look like the lazy rivers there are what I would consider a lazy river. I am looking for a full-circuit lazy river with a current. From what I can tell these resorts have several pools that are connected by currentless channels and it appears people are referring to these channels as the lazy river.

So do any of you know if these resorts, or any others in Punta Cana have a full-circuit lazy river with a current?

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
16,730 posts
31 reviews
45 helpful votes
1. Re: Lazy Rivers in Punta Cana?
Save

Sorry...none as described.

PCMike

puerto vallarta
Level Contributor
184 posts
3 reviews
9 helpful votes
2. Re: Lazy Rivers in Punta Cana?
Save

the one in moon palace has a current... it does not run around the whole resort.... more like a lazy moat that goes around one of the main beachfront restuarants...

Fredericton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Fredericton
Level Contributor
1,948 posts
19 reviews
9 helpful votes
3. Re: Lazy Rivers in Punta Cana?
Save

The "river" at DREAMS PUNTA CANA goes from the beach and meanders up towards the lobby area. (there is one portage over a mini water fall.) THe pool is just over a 1/4 mile a beleive. One of the longest in PC.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
16,730 posts
31 reviews
45 helpful votes
4. Re: Lazy Rivers in Punta Cana?
Save

Actually Mohito...as it is two pools...it is not a lazy river. A lazy river does in fact have a current that sweeps you along. Dreams...like Majestic Colonial, give the impression, but in reality are just two long narrow pools.

Cheers

PCMike

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
5. Re: Lazy Rivers in Punta Cana?
Save

LOL at 'Lazy Moat'.....Thats funny!

Manchester, New...
Level Contributor
790 posts
7 reviews
94 helpful votes
6. Re: Lazy Rivers in Punta Cana?
Save

Hi Iberostar Punta Cana doesn't have a lazy river. I think in Mexico the Iberostar that has a wave pool I think they have 1. I've been to Jamaica to Wydham Rose Hall Montego Bay they had water slides and a lazy river.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
405 posts
92 reviews
116 helpful votes
7. Re: Lazy Rivers in Punta Cana?
Save

Thanks so much to everyone who has replied so far! I am wanting to take my mother on a trip for her 60th birthday, and she loves lazy rivers. (Her requirement, not mine.)

I appreciate any recommendations of resorts in other places as well. We went to the Iberostar Rose Hall Grand in November and enjoyed the lazy river at the suites, but I would like to take her somewhere different. She has been to Jamaica 3 times now, but hasn't been elsewhere in the Caribbean.

I'm all ears!

Knoxville TN
Level Contributor
339 posts
3 reviews
7 helpful votes
8. Re: Lazy Rivers in Punta Cana?
Save

if you are really into lazy rivers, the best one is at Atlantis resort in Nassau.

By far the best lazy river I have ever done...you could literally stay on it the entire day. It is a continus mile-long lazy river, and you can use it to take you right into the other water rides too. Or you can just stay on course and float the entire day.

As much as I love Atlantis, nothing compares to the carribean and beach feeling of Punta though :)

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
405 posts
92 reviews
116 helpful votes
9. Re: Lazy Rivers in Punta Cana?
Save

James, thanks so much. I looked into doing the Atlantis, but it is just so expensive. Instead of a week, we would only be able to do 4-5 nights, and I would have to ask my parents to buy their own meals, AND we would all have to share a room, (not so romantic eh? I'm sure my husband would LOVE to share a room with his inlaws haha) I was hoping to really totally take care of them on this trip, but I don't want to go into debt to do it.

I'm just really torn. Maybe we can just do a girls trip and leave the guys at home.

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
69 reviews
115 helpful votes
10. Re: Lazy Rivers in Punta Cana?
Save

The only "real" lazy river I have been to is at the Grand Sirenis in Akumal (south of Cancun Mexico). They have tubes an you just sit and float throught the property. Very relaxing. You don't really notice the current either, it just sweeps you gently.

What a nice daughter you are! Great gift!

© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.