We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams Palm Beach "actually Vs" Dreams Punta Cana

Halifax, Canada
4 posts
Dreams Palm Beach "actually Vs" Dreams Punta Cana
Save

Heres my situation.

Went to Dreams Punta Cana last March and had the best vacation ever. Getting ready to book again. Me and my partner are having a debate on whether to stick with Dreams Punta Cana, or try Dreams Palm Beach.

After reading the reviews. They are almost to simular to decide between the two! What we disliked (if you could even call it that) was that the water was to rough for water activities. My wife enjoys kayaking and such and it was red flag the whole time we were there. Is this different at Dreams Palm beach?

We love the services and activities that "dreams" offers! I assume they are comparable as far as the "sundial"? We lived by this and it kept us busy the whole trip!

The rooms look nicer at Dreams Palm Beach which is luring us in, where as the rooms at Dreams Punta Cana were starting to get dated. We stayed in building 5, swim up room.

We are scared to make the wrong decision. And need an honest opinion based on already being to Dreams Punta Cana, and just wanting calmer waters!

Any feedback or suggestions would be helpful! Thank you for your time!

Ellicott City MD
Level Contributor
3,183 posts
6 reviews
22 helpful votes
1. Re: Dreams Palm Beach "actually Vs" Dreams Punta Cana
Save

look up Baltobabe on this forum. Shes been to all the Dreams properties and has lots of pics. We are going back to Dreams PC for the 3rd time just because of the "if it aint broke, dont fix it" attitude. I do believe the water at Dreams Palm Beach is a bit calmer.

Good luck with whatever you choose....

London, Canada
Level Contributor
931 posts
51 reviews
567 helpful votes
2. Re: Dreams Palm Beach "actually Vs" Dreams Punta Cana
Save

I was just at the Dreams Palm Beach in October and the ocean was very very calm. The water was clear and a beautiful shade of turquoise and the sand was like baby powder. I loved the beach and ocean so much that I'm going back in 8 days to the exact same area (different resort - not because I didn't like Dreams though - I got a great deal elsewhere and I like to try different resorts).

The ocean was actually so calm it was perfect for my one year old baby. The gentle waves weren't dangerous for him and he could safely stand by the waters edge without being knocked over. We spent a lot of time in the water with him and could wade out fairly far becasue it was so calm. The bottom out in the ocean was sandy.

If you check out my review of the Dreams PB there are a number of beach pictures.

As far as the rooms go, they were nice but I didn't love the shower/tub arrangement. It was a common complaint that water from the shower would spray onto the floor but it wasn't a big deal for me. We would just bring a beach towel back to the room each night and throw it on the floor when we showered - problem solved. :)

Edited: 11 years ago
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,967 posts
44 reviews
243 helpful votes
3. Re: Dreams Palm Beach "actually Vs" Dreams Punta Cana
Save

I did a review of both from Jan. Dreams PC has a huge and uncrowded beach and wavier water. Dreams PB has a busier beach with calm water. Dreams PB is more compact and close to the water while Dreams PC has more landscaped grounds. Dreams PB is much closer to the airport. Dreams PB has one reataurant by the beach, Dreams PC has 3, 2 open air. Dreams PB has a resort on each side while Dreams PC is more wide open. Both are nice with similiar ammenities, just depends on what you prefer.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
30 helpful votes
4. Re: Dreams Palm Beach "actually Vs" Dreams Punta Cana
Save

Hola Anthony!

If its a more calm water you are looking for than Dreams Palm Beach fits the Ticket!

Here are my pics of last January...

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/569657411jERYQD

and 31 video clips...hehehe!

Have you seen the interactive map of the resort?

http://www.dreamsresorts.com/drepb/resort-map.html

The gray banner across the top is a drop down menu that has all kinds of great info you may enjoy exploring!

I'd be happy to answer any specific question you may have on Dreams Palm Beach.

I'm headed back next Saturday and will be re-visiting all 3 of the Dreams Resorts and postin LIVE FROM pics and videos while there.

Happy travels

and Happy Choosing!

bb/mt

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
43 posts
5. Re: Dreams Palm Beach "actually Vs" Dreams Punta Cana
Save

Would you be able to compare the kids programs and entertainment between the two Dreams reosrts in PC?

Thank you

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
30 helpful votes
6. Re: Dreams Palm Beach "actually Vs" Dreams Punta Cana
Save

For the Kids Programs you can check their site

Dreams Palm Beach

http://www.dreamsresorts.com/drepb/explorers-club.html

my pics from last January have pics of the explorers club starting here:

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2611003010056614800aeRdVU

Dreams Punta Cana:

http://www.dreamsresorts.com/drepc/explorers-club.html

My pics showing the Explorers Club there

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/553569348YAnCkb

Hope this is helpful,

Happy Travels!

bb/mt

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
43 posts
7. Re: Dreams Palm Beach "actually Vs" Dreams Punta Cana
Save

Thanks again. Wow great pictures!!!

Ann

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
43 posts
8. Re: Dreams Palm Beach "actually Vs" Dreams Punta Cana
Save

You helped us so much that we plan to book at the Dreams Palm Beach since it is closer to the airport and the rooms are newer. The Kids Explorer Club looks great - so much for them to do and even on the beach!

I forgot to ask you one question, you mention that there is a mini disco at the Dreams but is there a mini disco also at the Dreams Palm Beach?

Thank you, Ann

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
30 helpful votes
9. Re: Dreams Palm Beach "actually Vs" Dreams Punta Cana
Save

All of the Dreams have a Mini Disco...it is usually in the evening at the Theater just before the show...

They will have it listed at each of the Dreams Resorts in the SUNdial Newsletter each day.

Happy Travels,

bb/mt

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
43 posts
10. Re: Dreams Palm Beach "actually Vs" Dreams Punta Cana
Save

Thanks- You really helped me make the right decision. I can't wait to go!

Ann

© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.