We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resorts with swim out rooms

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
904 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Resorts with swim out rooms

Im under the impression that Excellence and Dreams Punta Cana offer swim out rooms? Can anyone let me know which other resorts offer swim out rooms? This may be an amenity that I look into this winter.

Anyone that has stayed in one have any advice/pros/cons on swim out rooms? Thanks.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,521 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resorts with swim out rooms

Majestic Colonial and Majestic Elegance. Personally I don't care for these rooms. A lot of the time people are wandering onto your "territory" and it can be annoying. Also, there are no ladders to get into or out of the water so if you have any physical issues you have to first find a ladder so it kind of defeats the purpose. In addition, obviously these rooms can be quite noisy because they are pool front. Just my humble opinion, some people love them, some don't :-)

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,256 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resorts with swim out rooms

To me, a true swim-out room wouldn't consist of travelling across grass or other property to get to "my" swimout pool. Plus I wouldn't want to see people travelling between the swim-out room and the pool itself, might as well go to the main pool.

I'd want to be able to open my balcony doors, my loungers ready and the pool right there, if you know what I mean.... here's an example at the Iberostar Grand. These do not have the main pool on this side of the resort and no foot traffic.

…webshots.com/photo/2085188740077359999yRXAwy

…webshots.com/photo/2442761420077359999aDIgkT

Cheers, Debbie

toronto
Level Contributor
865 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resorts with swim out rooms

iheartcle -- The Paradisus Palma Real Reserve section has swim-up suites. The one bedroom suites are extremely well appointed and comfortable. The swim-up suites have a private patio area between the room and pool that comes with a couple of loungers and a Bali bed. They have planted sort of a hedge between units for some privacy. You would not have other guests coming into your space unless they swam across the pool and climbed up onto your patio area -- not likely IMO. I did post some pictures of the Reserve area with my review of the resort in January of this year. You can have a look at those to get a feel for what the swim-up suite set up looks like, or I can e-mail you some PIX if you send me a PM.

The Paradisus Punta Cana Reserve may also have swim-up suites, but I'm not 100% sure as I haven't been there.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resorts with swim out rooms

Those rooms at the Iberostar Grand look nice. Thats my idea of a swim up room. I looked at pictures of other hotels and wondered how you'd get out in front of your room without a ladder. Obviously people must be walking back and forth at those other places.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,521 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resorts with swim out rooms

Now that's my idea of a great swim up room - they have the right idea for sure! Thanks for posting the pics Deb

Chelsea, Canada
Level Contributor
767 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resorts with swim out rooms

Excellence doesn't have real swim-up rooms. Some by the main pool could see traffic very close to the door(7, 8 and 10east) and others will have a nice private terrase with a hammock and a path way to the side of the pool(building 10west, 11 and 14). The only ones that are close to a real swim-up would be in building 1,2 and 4 (on the cascade pool), but still not a real swim-up. We had a Exe-club oceanview "swim-out" room at Excellence (room 11004). We did like it, but it wasn't a real swim-up room. It was in a quiet area without much foot traffic. We wouldn't want a swim-up in 7,8 or 10east, but that's our tastes.

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
904 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Resorts with swim out rooms

good god, the The Paradisus Palma Real was expensive enough, but to get a swim out room was another $1,050 per person, i have a feeling the swim out wont be happening any time soon =(

Fredericton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Fredericton, St. John's
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Resorts with swim out rooms

DREAMS Punta Cana has awesome swim-ups. There are located in little "lagoons" off the main pool.

tripadvisor.com/…19335112

Upper part off pic. Some have more privacy than others (buildings 1 and 2 I beleive)

Staten Island, NY
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Resorts with swim out rooms

Royal Suites Turquesa (adults only) at the Palladium complex has brand new section with swim up suites.

We are going there on Saturday. YEAY! :)

Pahrump, Nevada
Level Contributor
27 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Resorts with swim out rooms

We just returned from The Royal Suites Turquesa, and although we didn't have a swim up suite, it was the same price as a junior suite.

They are NEW rooms, the new area is fairly quiet.....You might check into it! Also check the Palladium Addict Website If interested in The Royal Suites Turquesa!