We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Colonial, Riu Palace punta cana, or Riu Macao?

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
26 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Majestic Colonial, Riu Palace punta cana, or Riu Macao?

Hi,

I'm planning a trip in December for my bf 30th birthday, and i am debating between these three hotels Majestic Colonial, Riu Palace punta cana, or Riu Palace Macao, which one should i go with. Or if you know other hotel that is good for couples that you would recommend to me?

Thanks!

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,840 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Majestic Colonial, Riu Palace punta cana, or Riu Macao?

Any of the above will be a good pick, the Majestic is likely booked full, but you can check, it is a fantastic resort. I have only toured the Riu Palace Punta Cana and have not stayed there, it is the newer of the group you mentioned.

Toronto
Level Contributor
649 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Majestic Colonial, Riu Palace punta cana, or Riu Macao?

The Macao is much more old world in its nature --like visiting a quiet plantation. The Palace is more upscale and some compare the two as old money vs new money.

The Majestic is a great choice as well.

What are you looking for in a vacation destination and I can advise more clearly ---or at least try.

The one that we returned to on numerous vacations was the Macao

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Majestic Colonial, Riu Palace punta cana, or Riu Macao?

All are great but if available I'd choose the Majestic.

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
26 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Majestic Colonial, Riu Palace punta cana, or Riu Macao?

Thanks for your replies. I'm looking for AWESOME beach, romantic, less children around, and may be good party. :) I was looking at Excellence (Adults only resort) put that's a little bit over budget for me.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
12,899 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Majestic Colonial, Riu Palace punta cana, or Riu Macao?

All good resorts as mentioned. Macao, probably suits your desires the best. As mentioned by Paul,,,it is a very stately resort, small pool but seldom crowded...quiet surroundings...never many kids...a ton of shade on the beach...and the added bonus of having a very lively disco(Pacha)on the major property, plus the opportunity to utilize the more lively sections...ie...Bambu and Taino.

As for being sold out...I am not aware of any resort being sold out except between Christmas and New Years....check availability with your travel agent.

Where ever you end up, have a wonderful vacation and special birthday!

Cheers

PCMike

nottingham
Level Contributor
219 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Majestic Colonial, Riu Palace punta cana, or Riu Macao?

I recently posted the same three hotels,i am still unsure which to book. in England the Majestic is coming £200 cheaper than the Macao and £3oo cheaper than Punta cana,we recently went to the Iberostar in Puerto plata and it was never a 5star as advertised.

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
26 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Majestic Colonial, Riu Palace punta cana, or Riu Macao?

I took my chance and booked Majestic Elegance for Dec 14-18. I'll sure to write a review after that.

Swansea
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Majestic Colonial, Riu Palace punta cana, or Riu Macao?

Similar situation I am looking for one of these hotels to book for a honeymoon. Any suggestions or details would be fab.

Thanks

Swansea
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Majestic Colonial, Riu Palace punta cana, or Riu Macao?

I should add that this will be at the beginning of December from approx 7th for a week. We are currently trying to decide between the Riu Palace and the Majestic Colonial. However have read some rather bad recent reviews on the Riu Palace from trip advisor which have some what put me off so am really after any advice that someone can give.

Thanks

Montoursville, PA
Level Contributor
709 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Majestic Colonial, Riu Palace punta cana, or Riu Macao?

Rich,

Leaving in two days or 8 nights at the Riu Palace Punta Cana...I'll let you know via my review when I return.

We stayed at the Macao last year amidst a hurd of crappy reviews...not one of them founded! Take what you read with a grain of salt, decide what's important to you and go with an open mind and not search out negative and your vacation, regardless of location, will be fabulous.

Keep an eye open for my review of the Palace Punta Cana.