We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New resort - Impressive resort and spa Punta Cana

Minnesota
Level Contributor
370 posts
6 reviews
New resort - Impressive resort and spa Punta Cana

I see that the Impressive Resort and Spa Punta Cana is available to book for January 2019. What resort was this previously? Google maps puts it in the Sunscape, but they just rebranded that from the Barcelo a year or two ago, so I can’t imagine they are changing again.

13 replies to this topic
Minnesota
Level Contributor
370 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: New resort - Impressive resort and spa Punta Cana

Here is the link to their website

https://impressiveresorts.com/en/impressive

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
539 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: New resort - Impressive resort and spa Punta Cana

It,s the Sunscape Bavaro beach and / Dominican Beach who change name

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
36 reviews
3. Re: New resort - Impressive resort and spa Punta Cana

I believe it was previously called the Sunscape Bavaro Beach Punta Cana.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
14,558 posts
32 reviews
4. Re: New resort - Impressive resort and spa Punta Cana

In my time here...since 2005...

Ocean Blue and Sand

Barcelo Dominican Beach

Sunscape Dominican Beach

Soon to be...Impressive.

This should tell you a story of what to expect! It has always been a budget resort. Go there with an open mind and you will do fine. As there is no "reconstruction period, as there was between Barcelo and Sunscape, expect nothing more than what is currently offered.

Cheers,

PCMike

Pembroke, Canada
1 post
5. Re: New resort - Impressive resort and spa Punta Cana

Not sure if person saying Ocean Blue in 2005 changed but we were at the Ocean Blue resort in 2011 and is still listed as the same to date--

Canton, Michigan...
Level Contributor
413 posts
20 reviews
6. Re: New resort - Impressive resort and spa Punta Cana

Yeah, if it's the same as the current Sunscape, expect subpar food, an eroded beach and ugly barriers in the water.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
71 posts
7. Re: New resort - Impressive resort and spa Punta Cana

Yes formerly Sunscape then Bavaro. We stayed at Sunscape Dominican Beach 4 yrs ago. The rooms were dated but we were ocean front and the view was to die for and the resort itself was good for the size and price point. I'm not sure what's been done since, but we were there in Jan 2014 and i remember thinking it would be unbearable any other time of year as the one main buffet was open and very hot. We've walked by several times since, and the beach has eroded significantly. They've installed inflatable berms which I'm sure has been a necessity, but IMO is am eyesore, totally spoils the view of the wide-open ocean.

menomonie,wi
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
8. Re: New resort - Impressive resort and spa Punta Cana

We are taking our family (17 people) there from Dec 27-Jan 7th. What can we expect during the transition? I am freaking out :(

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
71 posts
9. Re: New resort - Impressive resort and spa Punta Cana

You will have a great time. The resort itself was great except the rooms were dated and they've since been redone so I'm sure they're fine. We had an oceanfront room and it was the best view we've ever had! Resort has a nice layout and it's a nice size with a 5-min walk anywhere. Grounds are very tropical, pool was good, nice central theatre, and when it was Barcelo they had a delighful coffee shop I believe they've kept it. Aside from the beach erosion the water is fairly calm in that area, and you can walk for miles and miles each way on the beach. You are also within walking distance of some great shops, markets and restaurants if you want to go into town. You will have a wonderful time!

Southern Ontario
Level Contributor
60 posts
4 reviews
10. Re: New resort - Impressive resort and spa Punta Cana

Ocean Blue and Sand (H10) is still up by the Iberostars

Reply to: New resort - Impressive resort and spa Punta Cana
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted