We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Sivory vs Casa De Campo?

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,820 posts
189 reviews
Save Topic
Le Sivory vs Casa De Campo?

Right now I have reservations for 10 nights at CDC at the end of August—an Expedia “unreal deal” for an all-inclusive rate that was available to me because I had originally booked a flight through Expedia for those dates. It is probably a deal-of-a-lifetime.

Since making the reservation last week, I have begun to worry that maybe it’s not actually the best choice for us. Concerns: too big, too many families, too small of a beach.

I want to avoid Punta Cana due to the likelihood of sargassum. After lots of research, the only resort that is not on Bavaro that both appeals to me and is almost the same price I paid for CDC is Le Sivory. I like that it’s adults-only and a boutique resort, but I wonder if it’s toooo small and isolated. And is Uvero Alto truly less likely to have a sargassum problem?

Which would you choose?

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Bavaro
Bavaro
Dominican Republic
Portblue Le Sivory Punta Cana
Portblue Le Sivory Punta...
220 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Uvero Alto
Uvero Alto
Dominican Republic
2 replies to this topic
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
2,871 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Sivory vs Casa De Campo?

If that's your price range then you have your pick of resorts .... Seaweed/ sargassum is on/ off it would seem in PC...uvero alto included. Luck of the draw

Edited: 07 August 2018, 06:21
London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,820 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Sivory vs Casa De Campo?

I should have mentioned our flights to PUJ are locked in/non-refundable.

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana Airport
Punta Cana Airport
Dominican Republic
Reply to: Le Sivory vs Casa De Campo?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted