We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Tours/Excursions - Recommendations?

Canal Fulton, Ohio
Level Contributor
77 posts
62 reviews
Looking for Tours/Excursions - Recommendations?

We leave in 2 weeks and I haven't booked anything - Yikes - Not like me at all! Nothing is jumping out at me.

Staying at Bavaro Beach. We like snorkeling, adventure, history and culture.

What I don't want to do is spend HOURS getting somewhere and not really sure how I feel about all these tours that involve stopping at schools. I can't see how that is beneficial to have the child's school day interrupted by a bunch of tourists.

TIA!

2 replies to this topic
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
10 posts
88 reviews
1. Re: Looking for Tours/Excursions - Recommendations?

I agree with your post! When visiting Roatan we had a driver show us the island and it was one of the best excursions ever - and inexpensive! Can’t find anything like this in DR so far. I will follow your post and look forward to finding a great excursion.

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,110 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: Looking for Tours/Excursions - Recommendations?

Punta Cana Mike.

And yes he stops at a school. He and some other ex pat business operators supports the school. That’s why they stop there! The children are very used to a stop of 15 minutes. It is suggested you bring some desperate needed school supplies as a donation.

But to see the country, and learn about Dominican culture and way of life, hands down the best trip we have ever had. Good clean modern vehicles, small groups and an English speaking guide. Highly recommend the Boca De Yuma day. But he will do a private one with what you want.

https://puntacanamike.com/

Reply to: Looking for Tours/Excursions - Recommendations?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted