We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Weather

Does anyone know what the weather is like in Punta Cana during the month of August?

Preferably the last week.

8 replies to this topic
Jackson,NJ
Level Contributor
11,696 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

Hot and humid

Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

Hopefully most of seaweed will be gone by then. Hard to tell. I do agree with foodman that it will be hot and humid. If there is no hurricane, late august early September is my favorite. This year my trip is scheduled for mid to late September.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
14,400 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

Hot and humid are relative. I would rather be here than the mainland at the same time frame.

Expect temps in the high 80s to low 90s. The breeze makes life decent. I have no air conditioning and there are maybe 3 days (nights more so) in August that make me wish I had air. Humidity hangs around 70%.

Our temperature in Punta Cana does not change a lot through the year.

Cheers,

PCMike

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

I have been to Punta Cana región throughout every time of year, as in Midwest states seasons. It stays hot humid as mentioned before. Some moments throughout a day being in the water is an absolute must to be relieved from the heat. The sea breeze at night throughout the year is spectacular, refreshing and typically cooler, you can wear light jacket/pants so dress/pack accordingly. January is pleasant to get away from colder temps and it’s warm but very mild. I love this country, it’s like a second home. <3

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
14,400 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather

Currently (my thermometer)...81f a nice breeze and comfortable.

NYC...84

Washington...80

Detroit...83

Chicago..85

Atlanta...80

St Louis...86

Boston...80

Portland Oregon...86

So...where is it hot and humid in August???

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,905 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather

I always thought the D.R. was on the metric system like the rest of the world ;-)

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
14,400 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather

Gas by the imperial gallon...distance by kilometers...temperature...either way.

Andover, United...
Level Contributor
253 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather

on holiday here now. Sunny, and warm. Seaweed.........LOTS, sadly. It looks like an oil slick quite often, although they try to clear it.

Reply to: Weather
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted