We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tui dreamliner

manchester england
Level Contributor
116 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Tui dreamliner

Hi we fly out in nov for our honeymoon and wanted to ask a couple of questions is row 39 a good seat option? Are all drinks included? Do they show the lastest movies thanks in advance x

28 replies to this topic
manchester
Level Contributor
2,473 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tui dreamliner

If you google Tui 787 seat plan you will pull up the seat plans for the 2 different configurations of Dreamliner in their fleet. Check how many rows you have a on the seating plan on your booking and match to the correct one. It will either be the 787-800 or the 787-900. The seat plan on seat guru will tell you good and bad points about seats. It also depends what you mean by a good seat? With a window, without a window, near the galley, away from the galley etc.

Movies aren’t really huge blockbuster new releases but they are reasonable.

Yes all drinks are included (excluding champagne) but you will need to go to the back galley to get extra as they only serve them on 2 trolley runs.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
43,400 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tui dreamliner

Row 39 is a great option if you are flying on the 787-8 that is if you can pre book it on the seat plan by pay for 'Aelect Your Seat' as TUI tends to block off the last few rows in the economy cabin and don't release them until passengers do bag drop at the airport.

As TUI now has both the 787-8 & 787-9 flying you will find out which aircraft you are flying on when the seat plan opens at 90 days to Inbound flight if you pay for 'Select Your Seat' the 787-9 has 45 rows with no 2 seaters at the rear just the 3-3-3 configured seats.

All complimentary drinks (excluding champagne) in economy are served either on the first trolley run then served with main meal/snack service, a second trolley run later on in the flight, if passengers want a drink in between then you go to the back galley to ask the cabin crew........the drinks are limited to availability and at cabin crew discretion due to being needed for Inbound flight as they are not replenished at the overseas destination.

Movie list for your flight is not released yet but will be at the end of October as we are on the Summer Edition 2 at present.

Angie.

manchester england
Level Contributor
116 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tui dreamliner

Thank you both its been hekpful 😀xx

Basildon, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tui dreamliner

Can anyone tell me if you can select subtitles on the entertainment screen/movies. Majority of our party travelling to Mexico on Dreamliner are deaf and rely on subtitles to be able to enjoy films etc

Manchester, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tui dreamliner

I’m thinking of upgrading to premium seats. Just wondering what have people’s experiences of premium with Tui been like vs economy? I appreciate that it’s somewhat dependant on how exactly how much extra you have to pay to upgrade to determine if it’s worth it or not but generally would you recommend upgrading? I haven’t managed to get a price online, although the Tui website seems to suggest I should be able to upgrade online via manage my booking? I can’t find the option for it. I might give them a ring tomorrow and see what they are quoting

Pershore, England...
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tui dreamliner

For me and my husband, the flying experience is the start of our holiday therefore we always travel Premium. I know that it isn't cheap but we think it is worth it although I quite understand that some people would rather spend the money on excursions etc. The Dreamliner is our favourite plane.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tui dreamliner

Worth every penny if you can stretch to it, Emmma112233. Makes for a great start to the holiday when the airport is busy with the fast track pass and VIP departure lounge, while the extra space, comfort, and recline of the seats on the flight with their tiny footrests, as well as the individual service, china, cutlery, and presentation of the food, makes it a pleasure to fly again.

We used to book row 39 seats on the Dreamliner when they were available but, sadly, they're no longer offered online, only allocated at check in.

Have a look at TUI flights website as if you were starting a fresh booking for your dates, and you should be offered premium upgrade with costs - if they are still available to book. If you decide to go ahead but have to reserve over the phone, check out the seat plan(s) of the Dreamliner(s) first to establish your preference before you ring to save some time.

Cheers♥️

Manchester, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Tui dreamliner

Great tip wirralite, thanks for the advice. I did as you suggested and it appears there’s no premium seats left on my flight 😩

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,136 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tui dreamliner

Sorry to hear that, but at least you know why the option isn't appearing when you refer to your booking.

Hope you have a great time just the same!

Cheers ♥️

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tui dreamliner

To be fair, you would be better saving your money and buying yourself something nice when you get there. We upgraded and paid "through the nose" and basically didn't get much for our £400+. I wouldn't do it again. All that extra for just another extra inch on your seat and one free drink when you board isn't worth what they charge. Don't waste your money!

Reply to: Tui dreamliner
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted