We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a hotel similar to Hedonism

Level Contributor
37 posts
153 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a hotel similar to Hedonism

Hi. A few years ago we stayed at Hedonism in Jamaica. We liked the atmosphere , service and food but not so much facilities . So for this year we are looking for a hotel in Punta Caná which would have similar vibe (parties, all day music , disco). A nude beach is a must.

I would appreciate advice .

13 replies to this topic
manchester
Level Contributor
2,518 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a hotel similar to Hedonism

No nude beaches in Punta Cana. They are quite a conservative country and even topless isn’t really done in Punta Cana. It’s a bit disrespectful to their culture.

chicago
Level Contributor
2,272 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a hotel similar to Hedonism

there is a lot of topless on the beach,........but i didn't look:):):)

that is where sunglasses come in handy right men?

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,492 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a hotel similar to Hedonism

No nude beaches at all, in the DR.

Best bet for you is return to Jamaica. They are some in Cuba, but you won’t find the vibe you are looking for.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,366 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a hotel similar to Hedonism

There's a couple of Desire resorts in the Mayan Riviera, in Mexico. I can't comment on what they are like, but I know they are clothing optional, and let's just say "playful".

Mark

chicago
Level Contributor
2,272 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a hotel similar to Hedonism

Try cancun temptations resort its more what your lookong for

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,366 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a hotel similar to Hedonism

Yeah, I was trying to remember that name, darinc. I've also heard that Melia ME in Cancun is a party place, but not clothing optional or anything like that.

Mark

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,527 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a hotel similar to Hedonism

Temptations isn't a nude option but topless option resort. Still lots of fun. Not for those looking for a quiet time for sure.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
931 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a hotel similar to Hedonism

Edmonton_Mamma, are you sure there are no nude beaches in the D.R.? A Google search shows the Caliente Caribe in Puerto Plata which is clothing optional throughout the entire resort and has a nude beach, however, I have no idea about the vibe. I've never heard of anyone who's gone there, I just know it exists. I agree with previous posters that you may not find another place anywhere, not just in the D.R., that has the vibe that Hedo has and especialy not combined with a nude beach.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
460 posts
384 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for a hotel similar to Hedonism

We know a couple who goes to Hedo annually. They have the ability to make a Hedo style adventure anywhere they go! Maybe there's a secret hand signal or something the more playful people have! That said, I know as a fact you can go topless in PC, as my wife does every year in multiple resorts and has never felt uncomfortable . . . and has never been alone. Thank you, Europeans! LOL

As far as what happens when you sit on the edge of the pool in Hedo . . . I've only seen that a couple times at Breathless last year. Security seemed to enjoy the show :)

Edited: 06 August 2018, 02:38
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
931 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for a hotel similar to Hedonism

Suncoast, you mentioned your wife doesn't feel uncomfortable going topless. With technology what it is today with cell phones being so common, people being able to stream live video online, etc. have you noticed people taking out their cell phones when they see topless women on the beach?

Edited: 06 August 2018, 03:32
Reply to: Looking for a hotel similar to Hedonism
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted