We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
8 reviews
Currency

Hi does anyone know what the dominican peso is to the pound at the moment ?

And how much spending money do you think we will need going for 2 weeks all inclusive so just for some excursions and presents?

Thanks in advance

7 replies to this topic
manchester
Level Contributor
2,571 posts
38 reviews
1. Re: Currency

The Dominican peso is 65 to the pound at the moment but what you will get at a foreign exchange place in the U.K. won’t be anywhere near that. The rate at our hotel was 57 peso to the pound but every hotel will be different. I would advise taking US dollars as the vast majority of things are priced in dollars. Get yourself a decent fee free credit card (I use the Halifax Clarity which is completely fee free and did give me 65 peso to the pound last week) just in case you go somewhere you can’t pay in dollar (eg supermarkets).

No one can really tell you how much you will need for excursions or presents as only you know if you like to bring one person a fridge magnet or get half a dozen people a t-shirt, bag and bottle of rum. Same with excursions. How many do you want to do? Which do you want to do? It’s best to look at which excursions you want to do and it’s easy enough to find out the prices of them. Add this to how much you want to spend on pressies and this is a good starting point for spending money.

Edited: 04 August 2018, 01:07
Falkirk, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
18,284 posts
111 reviews
2. Re: Currency

61.6 best in UK with Travelfx

Stevie

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Currency

Thank you emma68 i will be taking some dollars too

Is it easy to change pounds or dollars into pesos do they have currency exchange booths around

We are staying in bavaro caribe club princess if thats any help

Thank you again

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Currency

Is it easy to change pounds or dollars into pesos do they have currency exchange booths around

Thank you again

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: Currency

Thank you again

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: Currency

Thank you again

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
8 reviews
7. Re: Currency

Thank you again

Reply to: Currency
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted