We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation Express please be very careful!

Texas
2 posts
Vacation Express please be very careful!

Please do not use Vacation Express or Swift Air we just came back from Punta Cana. It was a horrible and unsafe experience they use old, nasty and unsafe airplanes. You ask for an explanation to Vacation Express or Swift Air and they don't even answer, THEY HAVE AN EXCUSE FOR LEGAL REASONS WE CANNOT ANSWER YOUR EMAILS. THIS IS THE EMAIL ADDRESS THAT YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO USE TO SUMBMITS COMPLAINTS AFTER A HORRIBLE TRAVEL EXPERIENCE posttravel@vacationexpress.com.

It was a nightmare nobody told us the flight back to US was delayed as well, there was a vacation express representative at the resort he was not help at all. I realized the flight was delayed because somebody else approached me and informed me, it was supposed to leave at 10 AM and was delayed the 1st time to 10 PM , the lack of information and consideration from vacation express is amazing we talked to everybody and finally one of the hotel employee called vacation express Punta Cana Office and they said that flight was moved to 1:00 AM (today) I spent Sunday with my family very upset and worry about the situation. We finally made it today at DFW (6 AM) . We lost 2 days of the beautiful resort and our peace of mine, please do not recommend Swift Air and vacation express they are rude, disrespectful and don’t have any idea what customer service means. I will do something about what they did to us.

Last but not least Swift Air has really old and unsafe airplanes

Flight from DFW to Punta Cana (July 16th 2018):

Our flight (Swift air) was supposed to leave from DFW to Punta Cana at 10 AM on Monday July 16 nobody informed me flight was delayed to 12 PM, afterwards we were packed like sardines into a bus with A/C failing went to the airplane and this has problems with the fueling machine we were back to the terminal and waited 1 hour and back to the airplane another failure happened ground battery - we left at 3 pm and flight was diverted to Miami because airplane was overloaded and it had not enough fuel to make it to Punta Cana ( it was supposed to be non-stop). I was traveling with 3 kids and my wife ( no explanation, no food, nothing).

We did not deplane for 1 hour I felt flying on a very unsafe airplane (very bad shape).

Finally we made it to Punta Cana at 12:30 AM (midnight) we lost one day, kids crying and scared.

Flight from Punta Cana to DFW (July 22nd 2018):

It was a nightmare nobody told us the flight back to US was delayed as well, there was a vacation express representative at the resort he was not help at all. I realized the flight was delayed because somebody else approached me and informed me, it was supposed to leave at 10 AM and was delayed the 1st time to 10 PM , the lack of information and consideration from vacation express is amazing we talked to everybody and finally one of the hotel employee called vacation express Punta Cana Office and they said that flight was moved to 1:00 AM (today) I spent Sunday with my family very upset and worry about the situation. We finally made it today at DFW (6 AM) . We lost 2 days of the beautiful resort and our peace of mine, please do not recommend Swift Air and vacation express they are rude, disrespectful and don’t have any idea what customer service means. I will do something about what they did to us.

Last but not least Swift Air has really old and unsafe airplanes

Edited: 03 August 2018, 21:07
4 replies to this topic
Mullica Hill, New...
Level Contributor
8,305 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Vacation Express please be very careful!

I'm confused. Was this your experience or are you coping and pasting other's experiences?

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
14,561 posts
32 reviews
2. Re: Vacation Express please be very careful!

How did you loose 2 days?

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
6,042 posts
39 reviews
3. Re: Vacation Express please be very careful!

And sometimes taking the cheapest choice is not always the best thing to do!

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
3,395 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Vacation Express please be very careful!

I believe the loss of the 2 days refers to departing from home 24 hours later then spending 24 hours at the airport upon leaving Punta Cana.

Reply to: Vacation Express please be very careful!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted