We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist Cards for Punta Cana DR

Waynesville...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Tourist Cards for Punta Cana DR

It was reported that all airline issue visitor cards after 1 May 2018. Does anyone know if this is true and does Delta Airlines do this with the price of your tickets

9 replies to this topic
Jackson,NJ
Level Contributor
12,146 posts
190 reviews
1. Re: Tourist Cards for Punta Cana DR

No more need to buy tourist cards. Like you said it is included in your airline tickets. All airlines including Delta.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
44,504 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Tourist Cards for Punta Cana DR

ALL airlines that arrive in the DR have had to include the tourist tax in the airfare since April.

Angie.

Waynesville...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Tourist Cards for Punta Cana DR

thank you

Ashley, Pa
Level Contributor
178 posts
46 reviews
4. Re: Tourist Cards for Punta Cana DR

Not true. I flew on Frontier May 2 & had to buy a tourist card at customs. Going in September & airline did not take out the $10. Flying from Philadelphia.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
5. Re: Tourist Cards for Punta Cana DR

Just booked this week and my confirmation email clearly states that Sunwing doesn't pay the entrance tax.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
44,504 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: Tourist Cards for Punta Cana DR

Sunwing was one of the first airlines to include the tourist tax on arrival, see this thread.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g147…

Your departure tax of $20 per person is NOT included.

Angie.

Edited: 04 August 2018, 16:59
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
15,053 posts
25 reviews
7. Re: Tourist Cards for Punta Cana DR

Tahqa,,,, what page does it say that on your docs...you must be different than everyone else... as said, Sunwing was one of the first to include the arrival tourist fee/tax.... I was one of them as I kept pestering them about it :-)

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
732 posts
133 reviews
8. Re: Tourist Cards for Punta Cana DR

The airlines do not issue tourist cards. They pay the fee for every passenger they land but the card itself is completely abolished & is no longer collected on arrival. This came into effect in April but they did continue to collect the cards until around the middle of May 2018.

Newmarket, Canada
8 posts
9. Re: Tourist Cards for Punta Cana DR

Air Transat and West Jet also includes the tourist cards. Call you travel agent to be sure

Reply to: Tourist Cards for Punta Cana DR
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted