We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For those who have been to Saona Island recently

Framingham...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
For those who have been to Saona Island recently

Hi everyone,

Can you share your experiences ?

Husband and I would love to go as we heard it’s a gorgeous place, but given the seaweed situation, not sure if it would be worth spending close to $200.

Comments are appreciated!

Thank you! :)

10 replies to this topic
Kent,u.k.
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: For those who have been to Saona Island recently

Went there in June and the island didn’t have any seaweed there ! Got pictures to prove it but not sure how to post them on here

murillo
Level Contributor
7,067 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: For those who have been to Saona Island recently

wasted $200 .. wasted whole day.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
443 posts
384 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: For those who have been to Saona Island recently

Plug Saona island into the little search box above. You'll see scores if not hundreds of posts. Happy researching! :)

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: For those who have been to Saona Island recently

We did saona island and we just got back from Punta Cana and there was no seaweed it was beautiful well worth the trip

Edited: 09 August 2018, 02:07
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
504 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: For those who have been to Saona Island recently

No seaweed when we went in May. Ridiculous amount of vendors and an ok meal. Drinks were hard to obtain. Water gorgeous. I was disappointed with the whole experience. Would not go again.

canada
Level Contributor
4,083 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: For those who have been to Saona Island recently

been twice. While i enjoyed my visit with seavis tours out of bayahibe, I would say that really it is a very long day, just to be on another beach with limited beverages (think rum and coke and maybe beer) Lunch is pretty good..but for 200 dollars, it won't be repeated by us. I will say that the seavis guide we had was awesome and we really enjoyed him stopping at different spots and giving us some history, and his walkabout on Mano (sp) with us was very enjoyable. The beach was nice..but no nicer than macao in our opinion, and on the day that we went, the snorkling was not good.

Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
3,018 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: For those who have been to Saona Island recently

OP do your research, some excursion companies are about the party, some are more about the education

i dont see Saona as a waste of time

for a lot of people, the experience is part of,,

some people have never been on a sailboat, speedboat, been of the resort to see the different countryside,,

sure been there done that, wouldnt do it again I get that, but to outright discourage people from going because you have done it, is in no way helpful

the same people that say dont do it, encourage sitting in a van all day making stops here and there,,

my favourite excursion in PC has been extreme buggys, would I do it again, no, but depending on what the person is looking for I would certainly recommend it, however its not for everybody

murillo
Level Contributor
7,067 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: For those who have been to Saona Island recently

sorry Northernale … we thought the OP said comments are appreciated..?

Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: For those who have been to Saona Island recently

Bomber to- I think they are looking for helpful comments as to why you feel that way.

murillo
Level Contributor
7,067 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: For those who have been to Saona Island recently

posts 2 , 5 & 6 would save them $200 and a day in paradise.. sounds helpful to me..lol

Reply to: For those who have been to Saona Island recently
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted