We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Buggie Off Road Tour

Toronto
4 posts
Save Topic
Which Buggie Off Road Tour

Has anyone gone on more than one off road tour in punta cana. There seem to be a few and I only wish to try one.

We are three adults and enjoy off road activities. I understand the off roading is probably more like a procession but maybe someone who has tried a few of them can offer some insight.

Thanks.

7 replies to this topic
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,912 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Buggie Off Road Tour

I've only tried two... the first one was awful, broken down, very rigid follow the leader, super large groups, touristy stops etc. never again.

Then I tried https://www.xtreme-buggy.com/ and have done it 5 times, they offer different tours, the vehicles are well maintained, very small groups and reliable.

Cheers, DEb

1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Buggie Off Road Tour

ThanKS for the suggestion. Have you gone both full and half day? Which do you recommend and do you know if they offer any deals? The prices on the website are quite steep compared to the other excursions but so are the distances covered. And it's stick shift!!!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,912 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Buggie Off Road Tour

Yes, have gone on both full and half days, depends on what you're feeling like doing that day timewise. Both are really good, especially for sightseeing... the full day is my fave as you do lunch in a very non-touristy place and you're the only ones there and you go to a private beach, again with no one else there.

You get what you pay for and I would never think of doing those cheapy cheapy ones again and spend half the time broken down with inferiour equipment and stopping at all the "on commission" touristy shopping spots.

Yep, stick it is, if you can't drive stick maybe your partner can and be a passenger :-)

NC
Level Contributor
347 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Buggie Off Road Tour

I have only done one and that was in 2014 and it was with xtreme buggys and it was great! We are going back in two weeks and taking our two kids this time and we have already scheduled to do this again with xtreme! I did the all day last time and thats what we will do again this time!

NC
Level Contributor
347 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Buggie Off Road Tour

I have only done one and that was in 2014 and it was with xtreme buggys and it was great! We are going back in two weeks and taking our two kids this time and we have already scheduled to do this again with xtreme! I did the all day last time and thats what we will do again this time!

winnipeg
Level Contributor
498 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Buggie Off Road Tour

Exreme Buggy all the way the rest are pretenders.. Cheers,, done full

Day and 1/2..

Edited: 05 August 2018, 07:09
Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
14,403 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Buggie Off Road Tour

I have done both Extreme and Fun Buggy. Both excellent tours and small groups. I have also done the 5mph ...72 buggies in a row mass market tours. I have done that and will not do again.

Please keep in mind, that you must be able to drive a manual transmission for Extreme or Fun. But that is what off-road is all about!

Reply to: Which Buggie Off Road Tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted