We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room type -ROH - what does this mean?

Toronto
Level Contributor
40 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Room type -ROH - what does this mean?

Hi, I am looking to book a last minute trip, and I'm looking at Fun Royale Tropicale as it has a great deal...but the room type is listed as "ROH" which apparently stands for "Run of the House"...does anyone know what this means? Thanks.

PS. Has anyone been there, and what can you tell me about it?

livingston, SCOTLAND
Level Contributor
263 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Room type -ROH - what does this mean?

sounds slightly dodgy, i would reccommend another hotel with standard rooms or superior room

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Room type -ROH - what does this mean?

ROH or Run of the House or Run of the Hotel is a standard industry term and should not put you off at all. All it means is that you will be assigned a room based on what is available when you arrive as opposed to you being guaranteed a particular category (for which there is usually an extra charge). If you want a particular category of room and it will make a significant difference in the success or failure of your vacation - then you should be prepared to pay for it to ensure that you receive it.

Gregg

Toronto
Level Contributor
40 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Room type -ROH - what does this mean?

Thanks gregg....does that mean that an ROH room will at the very least be a standard room?

Toronto
Level Contributor
40 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Room type -ROH - what does this mean?

Thanks gregg....does that mean that an ROH room will at the very least be a standard room?

Muskoka, Ontario
Level Contributor
283 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Room type -ROH - what does this mean?

Hi we stayed at the Fun in April for 2 weeks. We had an awesome time there. The ROH is a standard room. No frills, but a comfy bed, t.v. and bathroom. Who really cares too much about the room, as long as it is clean, cause there is so much to see and do, why waste your time in your room. Take the deal and have a blast.

6. Re: Room type -ROH - what does this mean?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 13:49