We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rui merengue

Manchester, United...
10 posts
Save Topic
rui merengue

Hi

i will be travelling to this hotel on the 5th august for 2 weeks,

i will be landing on a Sunday around 1pm from manchester.

Obviously once im thrrough all the checks i hope to be at the hotel for half 2,3pm bare any delays.

I have read that the hotel gets full with the locals at the weekend and reading forums that 'you must book your evening meal in advance' at weekend because of the large ammount of guest/locals?

My question is does this apply to the Sunday night as obviously i have no access to booking our meal in advance? The last thing i want is struggling to find a resturant for the kids to eat or queing for a substancial time for them, Do the locals stay for sundays eveniong meal?

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rui merengue

If "locals" are booked in for the weekend, then checkout time is normally 11am or 12noon.

As to "booking your evening meal in advance", the main buffet is open 6:30pm to 10pm...no reservations required. The kids will not have any problem in finding something to eat, as there is a great array of foods available for them...burgers, chips, pizza, pasta, soup, bread, cheese etc.

If you want to make reservations for "a la carte dining", then reservations are taken in the mornings between 7am & 9am at the main doors of the buffet restaurant. When we were there, we always had a hassle in getting reservations...the word was "sorry, we're full". So needless to say, we did not eat "a la carte" very often....& actually, we didn't miss it either !

Bradford
Level Contributor
71 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rui merengue

We must be on same flight as you ! Not long now!!!

Manchester, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: rui merengue

haha cool!! same hotel aswel?

ur from bradford im from manchester 3 mins from airport

cant wait!!! hope load of children there for my kids to play with

Bradford
Level Contributor
71 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rui merengue

How old are your kids - we have 1 boy age 6 - yeah same hotel - cant wait! See you there!

Manchester, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: rui merengue

Girl 6 lad 7

I'm craig hello

Bradford
Level Contributor
71 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: rui merengue

I'm Ellie - see you in the bar!!

warwickshire
Level Contributor
74 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: rui merengue

Hi I'm Debbie i will be arriving the following sunday 12th so see you both there!!

Level Contributor
13 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: rui merengue

Hey were on the same flight too also staying at Riu can't wait

Manchester, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: rui merengue

Hey, not long now, I'll buy the first round...

10. Re: rui merengue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2013, 14:48