We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nightclubbing in Puerto Plata

Dallas, Texas
6 posts
Save Topic
nightclubbing in Puerto Plata

Hi. If anyone can help, I would like a recent review of the nightlife in Puerto Plata, DR- like within the last 6 months. everything im seeing is from several years ago and i'm going next week. I wanna make sure i plan to hit the right spot while i'm there. I wanna hang out with the locals- i can see tourists at home, right. thanks

Rahway, New Jersey...
Level Contributor
96 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nightclubbing in Puerto Plata

We went to coco bongos at playa dorada plaza for my bday last month and we got there like 11 and it was completely dead but then it started to spruce up like 1230ish and they have free rum+coke from 11-1 but its really watered down. but it was really fun after a couple drinks and they have this spiderman thing which is hilarious lol

Dallas, Texas
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: nightclubbing in Puerto Plata

What about Mangu? I heard/read about it. Mixed reviews but dated in 2006-2008. Is it dead? Or is there a new spot?

england
Level Contributor
5,647 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nightclubbing in Puerto Plata

Check this Topic..

tripadvisor.co.uk/…37916501

Sparky

Dallas, Texas
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: nightclubbing in Puerto Plata

Thanks Sparky. At least now I know my options

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
16,922 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nightclubbing in Puerto Plata

You might want to head to Cabarete for an evening. The beach is lined with restaurants and bars. After a nice dinner with your toes in the sand enjoy the multiple clubs (many of the the restaurants also become clubs after dinner hour) and dance the night away with a very good mix of tourist, locals and expats living in the area.

BObK

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: nightclubbing in Puerto Plata

What did you find, Tony? How was the nightlife?

7. Re: nightclubbing in Puerto Plata

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2013, 09:45