We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Village Caraibe = Fun Tropicale?

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
201 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Village Caraibe = Fun Tropicale?

Can someone confirm that the Village Caraibe Resort (shown on RCI timeshare listing) is the same as the Fun Royale / Fun Tropicale resort complex? Just want to be sure... If anyone has opinions on the quality of these places (assuming they're the same), I'd welcome them. I'm considering going there this spring, or possibly to the Gran Bahia Principe in Punta Cana. Thanks in advance!

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Village Caraibe = Fun Tropicale?

Hey, I could always be wrong because these timeshare places seem to come out with new names all the time but Caribe Village sounds a lot like Occidental Caribbean Village Playa Dorada occidentalhotels.com/hotel_information.aspx…

while Fun Royale's timeshare side is called Fun Tropicale funroyale-tropicale.com/en/…index.htm

Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana is a whole league above either of the other two - much better unless you want to be on the North Coast.

Good luck.

Gregg

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
201 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Village Caraibe = Fun Tropicale?

Thanks Gregg, but I looked more closely at the RCI website and answered my own question. It says the following:

> "Village Caraibe is the same resort that Fun Royale and Fun Tropicale. E-mail: fun.royale@codetel.net.do"

Thanks also for your thoughts comparing this resort to the one in Punta Cana.