We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook or Airtours....Help

Durham
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Topic
Thomas Cook or Airtours....Help

Hi,

I just booked a holiday in May to Grand Paradise playa Dorada on the phone with Thomas Cook.

I get the receipt today and it tells me I'm with Airtours and Thomas Cook are just agents...

My concern is does Airtours have reps in the hotel and does airtours get picked up after everyone else coming home and going?

I went with Thomson last year and we were first to do everything, with Cosmos etc etc etc being last.

I hate seats at the back of the plane and have paid to nook my seats, the guy on the phone said I could pick seats the week before but I know Thomson for example let you book months in advance.

Anyone been with Airtours?

Please comment.

John

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
762 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas Cook or Airtours....Help

hi john dont worry every thing is thomas cook right down to the rep ive done this 13 times allways gone via airtours even when i went with sunset i did a trip with cosmos last year never seeen there rep not that i needed them have a good one

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
39,513 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas Cook or Airtours....Help

John,

Airtours and Thomas Cook are one and the same company now, as they merged, just like First Choice and Thomson merged.

You will be flying on a Thomas Cook branded plane but it could be one of the Ex Airtours aircraft, you will have a Thomas Cook Rep in resort.

Normally you can book your seats 6/8 weeks before your departure by calling Thomas Cook Airlines.

Angie.

Durham
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas Cook or Airtours....Help

Thanks to you both...

Going to sleep a little easier...

John

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas Cook or Airtours....Help

Hi there, you can actually book your seats as soon as you have made your holiday booking ( with TC/airtours.) I have already booked our seats for a trip in June 2010. Hope this helps.

Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
450 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas Cook or Airtours....Help

hi, i have booked with thomas cook to jamaica next yr, if you have booked seats together, 90 days before you fly you can go on to the website and select your seats, i have flown with them once before and most of the planes long haul are 3-3-3, there is 10 seats at the back that are 2-2. i hope this helps

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,513 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas Cook or Airtours....Help

Here is the seating plan for Thomas Cook A330 long haul routes.

seatplans.com/airlines/…A330-200-20

Angie.

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomas Cook or Airtours....Help

Well, as I have already stated ~ you can book your seats as soon as you have booked your holiday with TC / Airtours. I have already DONE IT for 2010.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,513 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomas Cook or Airtours....Help

xenophobe,

Thats much better being able to pre-book your seats right after booking your holiday.

So the sooner you book holiday the better choice of seats you will have.

Angie.

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomas Cook or Airtours....Help

Hi Angie, As far as I am aware, this has always been the case with TC. I have been booking with them now for about 20 years and have always booked seats immediately. As you say ~ the early bird catches the worm. Take care.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,513 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomas Cook or Airtours....Help

xenophobe,

So what you are saying you pre book your seats at the travel agents after booking your holiday with them.

Angie.