We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BPSJ "Regular Rooms"

Toronto
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
BPSJ "Regular Rooms"

My family will be arriving at the BPSJ on March 3. We were booked through Sunwing Vacations and were not given any options to upgrade to "Golden or Diamond" sections. Can anybody give me some insight on these rooms & how far they might be away from the pool/restaurants etc? Any additional info would be appreciated!

Casa Colonial Beach & Spa
Casa Colonial Beach & Spa
#1 of 43 hotels in Puerto Plata
Blue JackTar
Blue JackTar
#2 of 43 hotels in Puerto Plata
Iberostar Costa Dorada
Iberostar Costa Dorada
#3 of 43 hotels in Puerto Plata
Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
718 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BPSJ "Regular Rooms"

We were in the club golden part and it was close to the beach and club golden pool which is more quiet. The service at the resort is great. You get a few extras with club golden or diamond such as free internet time, in-room towel service etc... I believe club diamond is nicer than golden however we never had problems. Enjoy!

Toronto
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: BPSJ "Regular Rooms"

Thanks for the input! I should have been more clear, please excuse me, I wrote this msg at 1:44am! I am trying to find out about the "standard" rooms?

pei
Level Contributor
180 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BPSJ "Regular Rooms"

We stayed in a 'standard' room 3 years ago.

I was about a 2 minutes stroll away from the 'Golden' section, and to be honest, we spent a couple days at their pool with no hassle at all. It was simply quieter.

it is a very large resort relatively speaking, however, there is still at most about a 5 minute walk from the outer section to the main pool/buffet.

A real positive was that it's a long, narrow resort along the water, so there is not the same fight for 'prime' beach spots, as there is always beach just a short walk from your room. I hope you understand what i mean, if not message me and i'll explain more.

The room was fine. 2 beds, nice bathroom, balcony overlooking a garden. We got the standard beer/pop/water every day, and once we caught up the staff member who refilled it, he changed what he left to meet our request for extra beer/water, and no pop.

It was a max 3 mininute walk to buffet/main pool from our toom, and to be honest, it was a pleasent walk. Well lit at night.

Another good feature was that they have the late night 'party' out on the street leading to the resort, which makes it much quieter in the actual room sections.

Hope that helps.

Reg

Toronto
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: BPSJ "Regular Rooms"

Reg,

Thanks so much, that is exactly the info I was looking for! 10 days away now, can't wait to leave this very cold, very snowy Canadian winter!!!

5. Re: BPSJ "Regular Rooms"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 10:50