We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to DR

ULLESKELF YORKS
Level Contributor
13 posts
First time to DR

Hi all

This will be our first time to the DP as you all call it on here, we are really looking forward to it.

Little bit unsure about the hotel after reading the reviews on here ( Lifestyle tropical beach & spa) but I think it also goes under other names too, reviews are very mixed BUT as long as it is clean and the sun is shining who's bothered.

Never been AI before as I do like to get out and about, taking two teenage boys with us for a final holiday before they have to start paying for their own aleast AI they can eat and drink without coming to the bank of mum and dad.Depart 10 June Manchester.

Can anyone give us some idea of the does and dont's in the DR as I would hate to offend.

ULLESKELF YORKS
Level Contributor
13 posts
1. Re: First time to DR

Ooops sorry spelling terrible should read DR on top line and do's half way down

tacoma washington
Level Contributor
331 posts
1 review
2. Re: First time to DR

just have fun and ddont worry its all good .do you know where your staying at. we are staying at the iberostar costa dorada. stayed there before and love it. going bak the 9th of may till the 19th.

PA
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: First time to DR

Don't be afraid to leave the resort. The people are very friendly. We went running every day and ran up through the neighborhoods and everybody was very friendly.

See if they can give you a tour of the resort. I know the first time we went ai , we didn't take advantage of all the resort had to offer. Have a great trip.

Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
411 posts
1 review
4. Re: First time to DR

ullelass

I spent last christmas at the Lifestyle Tropical Cofresi and I thought it was a lovely place. I actually stayed in the Vitalis Garden which is in the same resort but I often spent my time at the Tropical. There is lots to do and the beach is just a short walk away. If you want a quiet drink go onto the beach turn right and walk to the end, you will some steps which go up an hill and at the top is a nice little cafe where you can buy a drink etc.

There are also many trips to go on, especially the outback sfari which I really enjoyed - I booked that one with the rep, but the rest I booked with a guy (Alex) who is situated on the beach.

You will all have a great holiday I am sure!

Yvonne

tacoma washington
Level Contributor
331 posts
1 review
5. Re: First time to DR

one more thing please tip when and if you can they work hard for you, and long hrs with always a smile on there faceses.

6. Re: First time to DR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 19:47