We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best alternate to gran Ventana

Scotland
Level Contributor
973 posts
Best alternate to gran Ventana

Many people will be affected by the refurb / loss of servives at the gran ventana over the next two months and may well be considering a change of hotel... What would the good people of trip advisor recommend from the following hotels which are in the thomas cook brochure for flights to peurto plata..

Rui Merengue, Rui Mambo, Iberostar costa dorado,

Grand Oasis Marien, Victoa Golf and beach, Occidental Allegro, Occidental Grand Flamenco, Breezes, casa marina reef, Bahia principe san juan.

Thanks

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Best alternate to gran Ventana

My choice would be either 1 of the 3: Riu Merengue, Riu Mambo (both in same complex...therefore can use the facilities of the 3 resorts Merengue, Mambo & Bachatta) or Iberostar Costa Dorada. We have stayed at the Merengue & the ICD.

Romford
Level Contributor
119 posts
2. Re: Best alternate to gran Ventana

I would have to say the ICD. I got back today and have to say found the negative posts on here very very misleading.

I visited the Grand Oasis and felt that it did not compare to the ICD, there is also builbing work at the Grand Oasis.

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
143 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Best alternate to gran Ventana

Charlieandmonkey:

If you are looking at Playa Dorada or Costa Dorado the best reosrt is the Iberostar. I stayed at the GV. A nice resort (the nicest in the Playa Dorado complex) but the Iberostar is just a bit better. We felt that the Iberostar was a bit better than the Oasis too.

Scotland
Level Contributor
973 posts
4. Re: Best alternate to gran Ventana

Thanks for all your comments.. we are hopefully goin g to change our booking to the ICD and hopefully with no extra costs incurred..

5. Re: Best alternate to gran Ventana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 19:47