We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need help!

hilton head island
Level Contributor
63 posts
90 reviews
I need help!

I'm just beginning to plan a trip to DR. this is what I like, clear blue water, nice clean beaches, It is just my husband and I. I have no idea where to start. I've read a lot about Punta Cana which sounds amazing. But I'm not sure if that's the best location for me because I know nothing about the other beaches of DR. I've traveled extensively around the Caribbean, so I do have places to compare it to. My favorite so far is Turks and Caicos. Please help me out, first of all, which area is the best for overall nice calm clear blue water and clean beaches? I'll start there. Thank you in advance!!

4 replies to this topic
Jackson,NJ
Level Contributor
12,172 posts
190 reviews
1. Re: I need help!

Cap Cana and La Romana.

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,358 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: I need help!

Punta Cana is on the Atlantic Ocean, there are usually waves. There is really no snorkelling at Punta Cana. The sand is light brown, but not as fine or as white as Negril or Cuba.

La Romana is on the South coast of the DR, it is on the Caribbean Ocean.

Puerto Plata is on the north coast, great beaches but again it’s the Atlantic, good waves for surfing and kite boarding.

Coming from the US it might be easiest to rule out areas with airports you can’t fly direct to. And figure out which ones you can. Then start there. The DR is a big country, but not cross crossed with roads, sometimes is a long drive around the coast to get where you want to go.

https:/…

Edited: 13 June 2018, 02:42
Santiago de los...
1 post
3. Re: I need help!

Don't go to Dominican republic, is a devils island, the immigration locked people up for no reason, just to get money out of people visiting there island, be warned

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
18,296 posts
351 reviews
4. Re: I need help!

sanchezwalker7 so is there a point to your misinformed post?????

2 posts and not very useful.

BObK

Reply to: I need help!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted