We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Historic sites and things to do in Curacao?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
99 reviews
Historic sites and things to do in Curacao?

We are debating two weeks in November to Curacao, I am worried I will be bored after a week...

Apart from beaches and bars, what is there in ways of -

tours?

historical sites?

activities?

trips to other islands and how easy?

Is it worth renting a car to see other sites?

Flying from Manchester also we would be prepared to break the trip up with a stop somewhere so open to suggestions.

6 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,376 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Historic sites and things to do in Curacao?

Willemstad is an interesting town with a number of sites including Kura Hulanda, which is a very informative museum about the slave trade. There is also a synagogue which is one of the oldest in the Western Hemisphere. The town itself is interesting and pleasant to explore as there is nice architecture, shops, cafes and restaurants. On the other side of the island there is a national park and several small but beautiful beaches to explore. We were there for a week last summer and enjoyed it. If you enjoy a lot of beach time, two weeks is fine but it’s a small island.

Cary, North Carolina
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,423 posts
112 reviews
2. Re: Historic sites and things to do in Curacao?

Also two challenging, seaside 18-hole golf courses, sport fishing, and evening baseball games.

Definitely need to rent a car to tour activities spread out all over the island.

Edited: 07 June 2018, 05:08
Montreal, QC
Level Contributor
66 posts
23 reviews
3. Re: Historic sites and things to do in Curacao?

Also hiking Mt Christoffel, visiting the National Park. I do agree with the above comments though, you need to be a beach person and maybe even have an interest in snorkeling - we LOVE it here in Cas Abao area, if you have a mask you will feel as if you are swimming in an aquarium!

Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
2,643 posts
172 reviews
4. Re: Historic sites and things to do in Curacao?

Rental is mandatory for Curacao! :)

I believe that Tui has direct flights from Manchester to Aruba so perhaps you can combine the islands. Aruba is specially beach and nightlife. Some people also like a few days stop in Miami.

Enough things to do besides beach. I also think that in your holiday you like to take it easy.

Willemstad is an UN heritage side. Visiting Shete Boca Park is a must!

Day trip to the unhabited island of Klein Curacao.

You could do day or 2 days trips to Bonaire and or Aruba., Take the first flight and get back the last flight

Adrian, Michigan
Level Contributor
518 posts
69 reviews
5. Re: Historic sites and things to do in Curacao?

We did an ATV tour . Great fun with a visit to the Ostrich farm and the Aloe Plantation .

Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
2,643 posts
172 reviews
6. Re: Historic sites and things to do in Curacao?

You can also visit the Country House Savonet (Near ChristoffelPark). its a museum about the old days.

Reply to: Historic sites and things to do in Curacao?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted