We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good inexpensive cigars

pei
Level Contributor
291 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
good inexpensive cigars

I know everyone says that the cigars on the beach are not real. Is there anywhere in Varadero that sells good cigars at an inexpensive price.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,274 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good inexpensive cigars

Your only safe bet is to buy at a govt operated store. If you don't you will run the risk of either not getting a real cigar or having Aduana confiscate them at the airport and you'll be out the cash. Why take the chance.

Cheers

Kuujjuaq, Canada
Destination Expert
for Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
4,485 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good inexpensive cigars

They sell inexpensive cigars at government stores as well. The brand is called Guantanamera and you can get a box of 10 for about $20. Crappy cigars IMO but better than the fakes.

Sarnia, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good inexpensive cigars

Describe "inexpensive?. 4 CUC cigars in Cuba cost 28 dollars here.

Kuujjuaq, Canada
Destination Expert
for Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
4,485 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good inexpensive cigars

That's a bit of an exageration Candy but I agree they are far cheaper, close to half price though.

Sarnia, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: good inexpensive cigars

Oh.

Got a MonteCristo Edmundo Siglo for 4.50 CUC. Single here costs 28.03.

I was just trying to get a guage on what our friend from PEI wanted to pay per stick.

It's all good!

Burlington
Level Contributor
779 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: good inexpensive cigars

In the government store there are cigars that are wrappped is a clear wrapping 25 cigars are $25 CUC ..again they are bot a grerat cigar but if you just want something around the pool they are fine

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
228 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: good inexpensive cigars

Montecristo Edmundo are more expensive than that in Varadero and Siglo are a designation for Cohiba and not Montecristo. Personally I find the Bolivar Petit Coronas are a very good value and inexpensive. I don't recommend going with the guantanamera or the jose piedro as they are really not good cigars. I'd recommend getting fewers of a good brand.

Generally speaking prices are about 40% of what you would pay in Canada but on high end cigars (cohiba, trinidad in particular) stores charge a higher markup and you will end up paying more like 30% in Varadero.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
5,444 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: good inexpensive cigars

Check out this link for rough prices of all cigars ~ both single or by the box. The prices indicated are now a bit dated but still close enough to give you an idea.

http://marty.514crew.com/cigarprices.html

Presently I'm hooked on the Punch brand ~ a good mellow smoke for a good price.

Terry

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
90 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: good inexpensive cigars

Here is a list that is close on prices .Some are outdated but they should give you an idea

http://marty.514crew.com/cigarprices.html

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
5,444 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: good inexpensive cigars

brassie00, I guess you didn't take the time to read my post directly above yours. I'm seeing double. lol

Terry