We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel through Expedia from US

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
16 reviews
Hotel through Expedia from US

Hi,

Anyone book hotels for Cuba through expedia? Not worried about Expedia as I have used them before but more concerned about getting to hotel and their being an issue since they don't take US credit cards in cuba. How does it work is the expedia booking just all pre paid?

7 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5,950 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Hotel through Expedia from US

iv saw post people on this forum that bookings.com does book Cuba and takes US credit cards no issues for booking in Cuba I don't know about Expedia .com but expidia.ca works in Canada but I don't know if it works from the USA just try a dummy booking.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
21,137 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: Hotel through Expedia from US

If Expedia takes your payment then you are fine.

If Expedia says that you will have to pay in the hotel and you don’t want that, don’t book with them.

I haven’t used Expedia for a hotel in Cuba but used booking once and paid online.(with a non-US card but would guess a US card would be the same).

Which OFAC category will you use ?

Edited: 07 August 2018, 01:50
Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
32 reviews
3. Re: Hotel through Expedia from US

I booked through a site like Expedia but when I got there they wanted me to pay in cash. I would be very hesitant to book through a site.

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
22,064 posts
98 reviews
4. Re: Hotel through Expedia from US

Post 3.

What site , you say like expedia ?

Which one ?

Apopka, Florida
Level Contributor
3,251 posts
40 reviews
5. Re: Hotel through Expedia from US

Why not eliminate all problems and simply book through Cuba Travel Network www.cubatravelnetwork.com as they are a very large reputable Dutch company with a large office in Havana. No problems prepaying there with any US credit card. I have been very satisfied every time I have used them including specifying a particular room in a hotel.

US
Level Contributor
178 posts
30 reviews
6. Re: Hotel through Expedia from US

I booked through Expedia, with a US credit card, and had no problems. I gave it a few days then confirmed by e-mail with the resort that I had a reservation and everything was good to go.

Edited: 12 August 2018, 02:52
United States
Level Contributor
10,305 posts
273 reviews
7. Re: Hotel through Expedia from US

noswim....I am wondering was the cc just a guarantee and you paid cash at check out or did they process the entire prepayment on the US card? Thanks for the info.

Reply to: Hotel through Expedia from US
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted