We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hi Everyone: Allegro Palma Real ?

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
288 posts
6 reviews
Hi Everyone: Allegro Palma Real ?

We've stayed there twice. We do know what to expect and go there mainly for location. We love Calle 62 and the fact that it is close. The reviews are usually great or terriable I know that. lol. But there seems to be alot of talk about new management and the reviews now are kinda making me think hmmmmmm..closed the bars onsite at 11? opened the disco to two other resorts? Just wondering if anyone has been lately. We are booked for mid November for 9 days. I mean we're going regardless...right lol but just curious as to whats going on now. We very limited as to where we can stay from here (PEI) so......

10 replies to this topic
Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,035 posts
80 reviews
1. Re: Hi Everyone: Allegro Palma Real ?

I will be there from Sept 15-20th......one of the reasons why we are going is because of the change!

Have heard that can now use the beach/bar/restaurants etc at all 3 resorts....and the disco being open to guests of the other 2 resorts should be good and drinks now included in the disco too seems good.

Not having a 24hr bar is a little strange but we are usually out on the strip by 11pm anyways......

We booked directly with Barceló so will be interesting to see what happens.

Looking forward to the location and the beach for sure!

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
288 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Hi Everyone: Allegro Palma Real ?

hi Moncton...wow I didnt hear anything about using the other 3 resorts...which ones? and true of the disco and drinks....We didn't stay around much there either...we were usually at Calle 62 or Beatles. Have a great time. Quite the heat wave we're having here now..........just priming us up....lol

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
299 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: Hi Everyone: Allegro Palma Real ?

On the Barcelo Solymar website it says you have acces to Arenas Blancas, it also says you can acces Havana club.

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
288 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Hi Everyone: Allegro Palma Real ?

thank you so much stan....i will check it out....

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,035 posts
80 reviews
5. Re: Hi Everyone: Allegro Palma Real ?

I cant remember which site I had seen it on...as I have been all over the place...but pretty sure can use the bars/beaches at Palma Real, Arena Blancas and Barceló.......

The night club used to be open to anyone...now its just for guests of these 3 hotels....but you no longer have to pay for drinks there(it used to be free cover for hotel guests but had to buy drinks once in)

I am not sure how the disco compares to before, but it used to be a really happening place!

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
127 posts
39 reviews
6. Re: Hi Everyone: Allegro Palma Real ?

We haven't been here since May of 2017, we have been going to PR for the past 11 years, but opted not to this year, will be curious as to what you find when you go on your trip, as we do like the resort, but we were very disapointed last year...looking forward to your review

Amherstburg, Canada
Level Contributor
470 posts
143 reviews
7. Re: Hi Everyone: Allegro Palma Real ?

The other 2 resorts can use Palma Real, but Palma Real cannot use them, only the Havana Club..

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
288 posts
6 reviews
8. Re: Hi Everyone: Allegro Palma Real ?

Thanks everyone.....I kind of figured that was the scoop. We go to Palma Real for location only. We dont have grand expectations, we know the food is repetitive, the beds are hard,,, the swim up pool is probably still not open, sometimes the staff may be having an off day and are not quite as friendly BUT, I'm on vacation, Im not at work, my kids are not hounding me to drive them around, the sun will be shining, Calle 62 is right around the corner which is our fav spot and we have a sweet waiter who saves us a table for a few bucks.....we plan on trying out the local restaurants this time, few tips and a smile goes a long way to the staff. Our time will be what we make it. Thanks for your answers, ya'll have a great vacation where ever you are heading....hugz

Meteghan, Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: Hi Everyone: Allegro Palma Real ?

We were there April and May this year, we were never told we could go on the other resorts and never tried it, the fence between Arenas Blancas and Palma Real beach bar has been removed, more chairs and tables at beach bar also. The Havana Club is all inclusive and full bar, you enter from the rear door beside quiet pool, all three Barceló hotels use the disco, while we were there they changed all the lobby furniture to tables and chairs as this is the internet area it was a good idea. The snack bar is now the whole building with a salad buffet area, hot dog and fries, I'm sure more renos have happened since we have returned and I won't be back there till next April.

Blair

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
288 posts
6 reviews
10. Re: Hi Everyone: Allegro Palma Real ?

Thank you Blair...that is great to know.....

Reply to: Hi Everyone: Allegro Palma Real ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted