We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for priest at local church

london
6 posts
Save Topic
looking for priest at local church

help someone .....mardi?????/

A doctors Daughter has given me childrens tylonal . ... appx. 25 boxes and i would like to take it if I can to somewhere it can be distribute properly along with lots of pencils crayons and fun writing pads for children also critter band aids. I saw on one of the forums i was glancing at mentioned a priest in Varadero..... if i can get them into the country.... i would like to get them to a destination that will be of use. Thank you for any help ..... leaving this Wednesday

Flora

b

Port Dover, Canada
Level Contributor
285 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for priest at local church

Contact www.notjusttourists.org They regularly send humanitarian aid to Cuba and they can tell you who to give that to.

New Brunswick Canada
Level Contributor
760 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for priest at local church

There is a Priest from New Brunswick at a Roman Catholic Church around 46 or 47 Street, Father Bastarache is his name. He is not often there as he spend allot of time traveling to remote communities how ever there will be some one there to accept your donations.

He will get them to those that need it the most.

london
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for priest at local church

Thanks ranger that is the info I need , I am assuming that is in

Varidero . I am too late for the www.not justtourists.org but will look into it next time. We are going back to Cuba after our last trip of 32 years ago, at that time you could not find the priest at all so it is good to realise Cuba has come a long way.

Flora

v

Toront
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: looking for priest at local church

there is also a small school on the main strip in Varadero.I brought things to them 3 years ago, they were so happy for any little thing.We are looking for a good place to return in the next week or so any good ideas.We are looking for a *** half star ,on a budget right now. Went to Holguin in Dec. Playa turquesa beautifull place beach and water not that great though but would go back

montreal
Level Contributor
267 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: looking for priest at local church

You should also give some to the Hotel staff, they will really appreciate that!!!!!

New Brunswick Canada
Level Contributor
760 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: looking for priest at local church

Yes Floralhod,

It is right in Varadero near the park, I like to see this priest get such things as he gets them to the people that really need it.

He says the people in Varadero are spoiled by us tourists and have plenty so he distributes to all other areas of the province, in places tourists likely never see.

Have fun! wish we were going to Varadero this year it is our favorite place but we have been banished to the DR this year for a relatives wedding.

New Brunswick Canada
Level Contributor
760 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: looking for priest at local church

Jimpsy,

My in laws just booked the Palma Real online for March 5th its a nice 3.5 star right in Varadero, it seems to be the only good deal right now anywhere . Here on the East Coast it is going for around $800 plus tax so you should be able to get it for around $500 out of Toronto.

toronto, on
Level Contributor
673 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: looking for priest at local church

Hi there, I was there in January and there is a Roman Catholic Church called St. Elvira. Ask anyone at the hotel and they'll let you know how far it is from your hotel. One year we took the double decker bus to church and once we took a cab. Mass times are Saturday at 5:00 pm and Sunday I believe 5:00 pm, check with hotel staff or do a search I've posted times prior to this post. The priest will be there before and after mass.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
778 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: looking for priest at local church

Hi Ranger,

Is this the church right on the main street? I too thought that this would be a better idea than giving everything to the resort workers as they do receive the bulk from us tourists. I still plan on tipping at the resort tho. They do work long hours.

Have you talked to Father Basterache? I am wodering if good used boys clothing is a good idea? My sister in law and her husband are travelling with us and they have an 8 year old boy. I was going to suggest they bring some of his outgrown clothing. Is this appropriate?

Thanks Dar

ontario
Level Contributor
354 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: looking for priest at local church

Father B told us last winter that anything is welcome and needed.