We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top 10 paladares in Havana

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Top 10 paladares in Havana

Here is a link to a recent article in one of our national newpapers here in the UK. I was just browsing and came across, thought it may be of some use:

guardian.co.uk/travel/2012/feb/15/top-10-pal…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,690 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top 10 paladares in Havana

Thanks a lot for posting this Chris. We've been to most of these and other than thinking San Cristobal is tad over rated have generally no quarrel with the list.

Edited: 16 February 2012, 16:46
ottawa
Level Contributor
3,187 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top 10 paladares in Havana

Happy to see Dona Eutemia is on the list. Thanks for posting.

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
5,355 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Top 10 paladares in Havana

I personally don't understand why the overpriced Laurent is on that list, and I think food is really, really bland at Castas y Tal, but other than that it's a good piece of inspiration, although, like everything else, it's a run down of one travelers good/lucky dining experiences in Havana.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,626 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Top 10 paladares in Havana

I'm happy to finally see a list where La Guarida isn't mentioned. That's a first.

Cheers,

Terry

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Top 10 paladares in Havana

Dona Eutimia is not that bad, The rest IMO are overrated and overpriced!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Top 10 paladares in Havana

This is especially a great list for first timers to Havana. Newbies can and usually do end up at the most expensive tourist traps.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,690 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Top 10 paladares in Havana

#4 Terry actually this article is sourced from one in Cuba Absolutely published middle of last year which was titled "16 New Paladares in Havana".

4 were given top equal rating by the author Charlie Thompson - Atelier, Cafe Laurent, Doña Eutimia AND La Guarida!

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
4,096 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Top 10 paladares in Havana

Not having neither Habana Chef nor Café Ajiaco in this list makes it out of date and kind of unserious IMHO.

There are so many others around these days being opened almost every minute that any intention to create lists would fail.

San Cristobal? For what? Food? Got to be kidding me! But some do like the impression it provokes to your eyes the kind of exaggerated rococo paraphernalia hanging on walls.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,626 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Top 10 paladares in Havana

Great thread... haha...

Cheers,

Terry

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Top 10 paladares in Havana

I forgot about Cafe Ajiaco, That place blows away all on the list in terms of food quality.