We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air France via Paris

dorset
Level Contributor
545 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Air France via Paris

Has anyone travelled to Havana with Air France recently?

Do you have any tips? We have been issued paper tickets so I don't think we can do e-check in. Do you know if it is easy to get seats together?

Does anyone know if you get individual TVs or large shared ones, and any other news on the service, or tips about transferring at Paris Charles De Gaulle.

Any advice appreciated!

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
5,355 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Air France via Paris

Flew Air France Copenhagen-Paris-Havana-Paris-Copenhagen not too long ago. For a non-direct flight, one of the better routes from Europe.

Flight was fine, but nothing extraordinary. As far as I remember no individual screens, but have flown a lot since, so individual, indifferent flights are hard to remember.

Paris De Gaulle is not the best airport in the world, but as long as you have that in the back of your head )and don't start looking for the departure gate 20 min. before take off) I am sure you'll be fine.

Would much rather be going via Paris than via Madrid with Air Europa when I go to Cuba in 3 weeks.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air France via Paris

I presume you are changing planes at CDG?

We have done this trip from Manchester to CDG onto Havana and back and here are a few tips.

Ensure that any duty free - by that I mean perfume, aftershave and drink you buy at Manchester is securely wrapped in a sealed clear plastic bag that contains the receipt. They tried to say, no lets say what really happened, they attempted to prize open the bag. Of course once this happens they can confiscate the goods because it then breaks the 125ml limit.

eu rules state they will accept it from certain eu countries but only if it is an sealed clear plastic bag with proof of purchase at duty free. We were told this at Manchester so we were prewarned.

At CDG when you come back from Havana any duty free such as Cuban rum and so on will be confiscated at CDG as effectively you have to leave the airport and come back in, so it is just as if you walked into the airport from street.

CDG is a lovely modern airport but it is not run at all well. The way they insisted on taking my nikon camara out of its bag and the £600 lens I use for nature photography and placing onto a bed of those steel rollers to move around an nearly fall of the end. I said to the guy who have just brocken the lens. His reply was I don't care!

The lesson here to keep an eye your belongs if they start messing about with hands diving into your hand luggage do not assume they will respect your belongings, and react accordingly

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air France via Paris

I forgot to say we fly to Havana in three weeks but this time it will be with Virgin direct from Gatwick to Havana.

4. Re: Air France via Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 07:48