We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local Bus - Varadero to Havana

Toronto
Level Contributor
543 posts
9 reviews
Local Bus - Varadero to Havana

Just found out that my niece who lives in British Columbia will be vacationing in Varadero at the same time I am in Jibacoa. We would like to see each other. They are thinking of taking the local bus from Varadero to Havana for a day trip. Is it feasible for them to stop off in Jibacoa so we could get together and then continue on. Need expert advise.

4 replies to this topic
Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
287 posts
1 review
1. Re: Local Bus - Varadero to Havana

inToronto, you would be better off arranging a private taxi and having him pick up at both resorts. We've done that in the past.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,302 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Local Bus - Varadero to Havana

I would just meet her in havana at 1 off the major hotels on the same date i dont think the viazul stops at your hotel into Havana.

Edited: 18 October 2018, 18:44
Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
7,970 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Local Bus - Varadero to Havana

Taking the bus to Havana for a day trip takes up a lot of time, about 3 hours each way. They could get a taxi each way, about 100 cuc each way, or hire someone for a day tour to Havana (about 130 cuc) and they would drop in to Jibacoa and pick you up on the way. Try http://havanatours.wixsite.com/blexie

Armstrong, Canada
1 post
4. Re: Local Bus - Varadero to Havana

Thanks for posting our request, "in Toronto". I guess a taxi is the best way to go. I will call you with Don's cell# and e-mail address before you leave. Your niece from the west

Reply to: Local Bus - Varadero to Havana
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted