We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Times and Itinerary Questions

Level Contributor
10 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Times and Itinerary Questions

Hi. I need some advice from some Cuba experts. I will be traveling to Cuba soon with my friend plus my two boys, aged 9 and 11. My friend and I speak fluent Spanish and my boys are seasoned travelers. We have the first couple nights in Havana reserved but the rest of trip is open for 11 additional days. I'm hoping to travel to Vinales, Cienfuegos, Trinidad, then back to Havana. Maybe a stop in Veradero too somewhere in there. However I'm not sure about traveling from Vinales to Cienfuegos with the boys for 5+ hours then eventually back. I guess I'll take a private taxi since the bus will take much longer and by the time I pay/person for a colectivo, I may as well pay a private driver. Anyway what are the travel times between each of these places and are there any worthwhile stops in between to lessen the 5+ hour trip with kids? Is there a better order of places than what I have listed above? I'm also open to sticking around the northern area if there are things to do and some rich culture. Thanks in advance. I know I'm asking for a lot of information!

Tracey

Mentioned in this post
3 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,568 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Times and Itinerary Questions

No need to go to varadero beach skip it if you want a good beach time its 30 minutes by taxi or bus from havana playa de este santa maria beach, lots of casas and budget hotels on the beach to rent great area i would spend 3 nights there better than varadero beach and a short distance from Havana

Edited: 12 June 2018, 02:56
Mentioned in this post
saskatoon
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Times and Itinerary Questions

You can also do beach time at Playa Ancon very close to Trinidad.

Mentioned in this post
Level Contributor
10 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Times and Itinerary Questions

Thanks!

Reply to: Travel Times and Itinerary Questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;