We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A big thank you to all on this forum

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
A big thank you to all on this forum

I just returned from 3 weeks in Cuba, and had an amazing time. I got so much valuable information from the experienced Cuban travellers on this forum, I just wanted to say thanks. Particularly around the money/atm information. I followed everything to the letter and never had any problems with converting or obtaining cash, which made everything a breeze.

And even though it rained 21 out of the 23 days I was there, I had an amazing time. I am pretty sure I will be back!

4 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,617 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: A big thank you to all on this forum

Be useful for other Oz travellers if you said what cards you used in the ATM's

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: A big thank you to all on this forum

Sure. In the end I was able to get cash out on Commonwealth Bank MasterCard Debit and Credit Card. Just in case I applied for a Bank Australia account online. I saw on this forum that was guaranteed to work. The account took 15 minutes to open and I received the debit card in a few days. Just be a bit careful about the 20 notes limit, as sometimes you think the transaction failed but you were just putting in too high a figure. The other thing i noticed was that sometimes a message came up in Spanish which seemed like the transition was declined (my Spanish is terrible). but when you select continue it gives you the money. Just be a bit careful about that. I also brought Euros which I exchanged and had some CAD for backup just in case. I was told Westpac would not work so didn't bother bringing that card. Hope that helps. there was a link provided to me with all of this information, I will have a look for it.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: A big thank you to all on this forum

This was the link

https:/…

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: A big thank you to all on this forum