We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ViaHero

Warrens, Wisconsin...
Level Contributor
26 posts
13 reviews
ViaHero

Has anyone used this service to plan a trip to Cuba? How was your experience?

123 replies to this topic
United States
Level Contributor
10,539 posts
273 reviews
121. Re: ViaHero

this tops them all..pretty sure george has no interest in Cuba at all....I don't mind someone charging for a service that can bring more value than a psychological assurance that you are "legal" and that is what Via Hero is trading on. Makes no sense...and the tactics used on TA are downright elementary school stuff.

Chehalis, Washington
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
122. Re: ViaHero

Yes, I used this service when I went to Havana earlier this month. I know I did not need to use them and could have done my own research, but it was only $25 and worth having someone I could ask questions, like how and where to donate items to the local people. My Hero provided me with with several ideas for activities and I feel was worth 25 bucks.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
60 reviews
123. Re: ViaHero

I just got back from a trip organized by Via Hero, and I thought they did a super job. The girl I worked with had some great ideas, knew some really great restaurants, and arranged transportation for us to some unique experiences. We were a family of 6 and we all downloaded the ViaHero app and Maps.me, which enabled us to wander the streets of Habana Viejo and Vedado without any problems. I even made a booklet out of the program and we used it every day to plan what was next. We didn't do all the things she suggested, and we put in a couple of trips to the beach near Havana, and found some new restaurants. I thought they did a great job and didn't mind the expense. I have used a similar service in Mexico City and San Jose CR

Reply to: ViaHero
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted