We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ViaHero

Warrens, Wisconsin...
Level Contributor
26 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
ViaHero

Has anyone used this service to plan a trip to Cuba? How was your experience?

76 replies to this topic
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
17,912 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ViaHero

No - but they were caught a while back using fake IDs to promote their services on this forum. Any organisation doing that could be breaking other rules too.

Warrens, Wisconsin...
Level Contributor
26 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ViaHero

Hmmm....Thanks for the info. Just weird that nothing is out there. I will let you know my experience if I go with them.

10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ViaHero

Hello, I actually just came back from a trip using them to go to Cuba. They planned out everything very well, and even provided offline maps since we wouldn't have any internet service on the trip. They suggested places to stay, restaurants, excursions, etc. You pick a person that you think will make a good itinerary for you based off of things that you like. For example, it was important to me to see culture, dance salsa, see nature and drink coffee lol so i chose Lisbet to do my itinerary since she had similar interests. She also communicated with me to make sure everything on her planned itinerary was what I wanted to do and was legal for me as an american (Which was very important to me). All the tour guides she chose out for me were very nice, punctual and informative as well.

10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ViaHero

I had no issues with them. They communicated very clearly the whole time and were very informative the whole time. They made sure that we were doing fine during our trip as well. All the transportation and tour guides that they planned were punctual and nice. I usually like to plan the trips myself but they did a great job at making sure we had everything planned and options to choose from.

5. Re: ViaHero

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 November 2017, 20:41

Level Contributor
9,228 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ViaHero

This company comes on here and does promotion...joy nice that you had such a perfect experience with them...very rare that everything went that perfectly in Cuba!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
361 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ViaHero

It's a waste of $175 - the "offline maps" that they offer are free to download yourself at maps.me. And with a little bit of research effort (using this TripAdvisor forum and resources like Lonely Planet and Frommers) you can easily organize your own itinerary, and probably get more out of it having researched it yourself. Plus you won't run the risk of being taken to places where the tour organizer is getting kickbacks to bring you to (unfortunately a common occurrence).

10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: ViaHero

I'm not a shill lol Just because I had a good experience with them and didn't mind someone doing the itinerary for me doesn't make me one.

Algonquin...
Level Contributor
2,908 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ViaHero

Looks like best advice has already been given. Back away from this one. One letter changes Viahero to ViaZero.

10 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: ViaHero

I agree that the maps is free and that you can probably organize all of this yourself. I usually do my own trip planning but I was nervous about cuba because as an american, we have a lot of restrictions. So I wanted to make sure what we were doing was legal. They didn't take us anywhere that we didn't want to go to or didnt agree upon. I know what you mean though, I've experienced that in Thailand and China. I'm not sure about anyone else's experience using them but I'm just here saying that mine was great.

Reply to: ViaHero
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted