We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Island Inn hotel

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to Island Inn hotel

Hi

Can anyone tell me how far the airport is from the Island Inn hotel in Bridgetown? would it be a taxi ride?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Bridgetown
Bridgetown
Barbados
Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Island Inn hotel

I would take a taxi from outside the airport. There is a dispatcher that will take your details and give you a price which should be in BDS$ he will then direct you to your taxi. If I was you I would check again with the driver the cost in bds$ before leaving. It would probably take 15 mins more if there is traffic as this is a busy road.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,341 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Island Inn hotel

LondonJingle

It's about 15km as you're in Aquatic Gap, near the Hilton Barbados Resort. The drive normally takes me 20 minutes. I too would recommend taking a taxi for ease.

The fare to Island Inn will be about $41 BBD, however, should you require a van due to excess luggage, the fare will be 1.5 times the cost = $62 BBD. Do ensure you are quoted either BBD or USD and that the price is given before you leave. 1 USD = 2 BBD

Also note, you can take the bus from the airport there for just $2 BBD, as long as you don't have a lot of luggage. We don't have buses equipped with luggage racks as you would find in the UK. Nonetheless, if you walk across the car park to the highway, you can take a Bridgetown bus to Aquatic Gap. You will need to ask the driver if he is taking the route via Oistins, if so, hop on and ask someone onboard to ring the bell for you by the Barbados Light and Power HQ.

Hope this helps

Regards

Have a great time in Barbados!

Mentioned in this post
Hilton Barbados Resort
Hilton Barbados Resort
4,117 Reviews
Barbados
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
3. Re: Airport to Island Inn hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2013, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Bridgetown
Recent Conversations