We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheapest alcohol

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
34 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
cheapest alcohol

We are having a couples vacation at the Hilton in August. Can anyone advise where we would be able to secure the cheapest alcohol? We will have a rental car and can travel to grocery stores/liqour stores, etc.

Thanks!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,011 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheapest alcohol

The prices are basically all the same. You might save a very fews pennies in one place compared to the other. So go to a Supercentre grocery store and pick up what you want there. Don't waste your time driving around you'll spend more on fuel for the car than what you would save.

However at the duty free on arrival you'll find some very good deals, depending on what you want.

New York
Level Contributor
484 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cheapest alcohol

Buy what you can at the Duty Free in the airport, which is just after the baggage carousel. Liguor on Barbados is much more expensive than in the US. Rum is cheap in Barbados and wine isn't too bad, but everything else is very high.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheapest alcohol

Rum, Malibu and Banks beers are cheapest on the island.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,062 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cheapest alcohol

When I'm in the islands, I like to drink local. I can get standard stuff at home. I'd rather enjoy the local brands, but I don't drink much so maybe I'm weird.

tyne and wear
Level Contributor
494 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cheapest alcohol

The best local Rums are Mountgay and Cockspur and they are very decently priced throughout the Island. You can buy them at Duty free prices in Bridgetown however you can't take them out of the stores as the alcohol is sent to the Airport for you to collect there before you travel home. We found the best prices in the large supermarkets e.g 175ml big bottles for aprox £10.As previously suggested you might want to pick some supplies up in the Duty free shop in the arrivals lounge. There is also a bureau de change in the Arrivals hall and both Bejan dollars and US dollars are accepted everywhere on the Island.

6. Re: cheapest alcohol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2010, 10:48
Get answers to your questions about Bridgetown