We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting a tattoo while in Barbados

Gatewood, Missouri
2 posts
Save Topic
getting a tattoo while in Barbados

My daughter and I are going to Barbados in July, and we were wondering are there tattoo parlors there? We were both wanting to get one as a permanent souviner of our trip! thanks for any info you can provide!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,462 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting a tattoo while in Barbados

ok.. well.... I don't think I have ever seen or heard of a tattoo parlor in Barbados.. that doesn't mean there aren't any. i don't know if Scary or Darkie can answer this questions..

ok.. look at that.. found Soul Touch Tattoo at the Shak Shak Complex in Hastings 246-435-9868. This is on the southcoast close to Accra/Rockley Beach.

don't know anything about them.. and they appear to eiither be the only one.. or only one listed in the yellow pages.

hope this helps

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting a tattoo while in Barbados

Hi there,

Yes Sunnie I believe you are right that it is the only Tattoo shop in Barbados - it used to be located just behind Mojo's and moved when the bar changed hands. Frm what I've heard and seen he is pretty good!

Hope this helps!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting a tattoo while in Barbados

I know a few people who got a tattoo with Johnny at Soul Touch and were very happy. Tattoos look great, he seems good. And yes, apparantly he's the only one doing it in Barbados on a permanent basis.

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: getting a tattoo while in Barbados

If you do get them done...make sure it's in the very later part of your holiday, as your suppost to keep fresh tattoo's out of the direct sun ;)

Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,635 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: getting a tattoo while in Barbados

Personally, I wouldn't advise getting a tattoo while on vacation - You should not expose a new tattoo to direct sunlight, and definitely not to sea water or pool water - So, getting one could seriously limit your trip activities.

I think it would be better to pick an item that signifies your trip, and have it done when you return home.

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,032 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: getting a tattoo while in Barbados

My husband got a tattoo in Grand Cayman last Oct. and one in Curacao this past April. He went the day before we left the islands ,they are bandaged, so no problem. He is very happy with both of them.

Gatewood, Missouri
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: getting a tattoo while in Barbados

Many thanks to everyone that sent info on tattoos. Now I know just where to look. Also good advice on waiting till the end of our vacation. My son got a tattoo in Florida one year, the second day of our vacation, and that ended his swimming! Thanks again, Karen

8. Re: getting a tattoo while in Barbados

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 07:47