We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sept or Oct - Where to stay in Barbados????

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
71 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Sept or Oct - Where to stay in Barbados????

HI there

We are thinking of booking up for Barbados for sept or october this year.

We have never been to this region before so would like any information on which areas to stay, nice hotels etc

We wont be driving around so would like a resort/hotel near to a few restaurants/bars/nightlife etc if possible. We dont need a really lively place, just somewhere we can spend time in apart from the hotel.

Any info on good hotels would also be a bonus. We dont mind paying a bit extra for somewhere special 5-6* but equally would be quite happy with a 4* resort.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Stu

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sept or Oct - Where to stay in Barbados????

Stublue.KPL

Firstly, I'd recommend September over October as the weather is generally better with less rainfall. Just note this is our tourist low season so some hotels/restaurants will close for annual staff holidays/renovations during this period.

Our two main tourist zones are the West Coast and South Coast. The West Coast is known for it's upscale 4 star and 5 star properties, while the South Coast is more affordable and popular with those who want to be near excellent nightlife and our entertainment capital St. Lawrence Gap.

We have no 6 star properties on the island.

On the South Coast, have a look at either:

Accra Beach Hotel & Spa

Hilton Barbados

Holiday Inn Resort Bridgetown

Ocean Two Resort & Residences

Coral Mist Beach Hotel

On the West Coast, have a look at either:

The Tamarind

The Sandpiper

Coral Reef Club

Sandy Lane Hotel

The Fairmont Royal Pavillion

Cobblers Cove

These hotels cover a budget from $$ to $$$ USD per night, and are mostly 4 star.

Do take a look at www.totallybarbados.com where you will find a wealth of quality and up-to-date information on the island.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask any other questions you may have.

Regards

Edited: 22 April 2012, 12:38
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
71 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sept or Oct - Where to stay in Barbados????

BGI world traveller.

Many thanks for your very informative reply. Its very much appreciated.

I will spend some time going through the info you supplied and make a decision. I think it will most likely be the south coast as we would want something reasonably lively (not like ibiza though!!!).

Wil have a look on the website as well.

Ps: does the west coast have much in the way of restuarants/bars etc as well?

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,646 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sept or Oct - Where to stay in Barbados????

The South or any other part of the Island is no where near like Ibiza !, so you are ok there.

The West does have plenty of restaurants and bars too.

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,361 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sept or Oct - Where to stay in Barbados????

I agree with the others. Just note though that the hotels in Barbados are different in character to those in Dubai .... no 5,6 or even 7* as is common in the UAE. That's not a criticism of either just pointing out that they are different!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sept or Oct - Where to stay in Barbados????

Stublue.KPL

You're most welcome!

You'll find a great selection of bars/restaurants on the West Coast as well. From the South Coast to West Coast would be a 30 minute journey using public transport depending on where you are going.

Regards

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
12,120 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sept or Oct - Where to stay in Barbados????

The two 5 star Hotels on the Island are Sandy Lane and Coral Reef, both on the West Coast near to Holetown which has many restaurants and bars . Sandpiper is a top small Hotel closer still to Holetown, but it is always closed in September, as are quite a few Hotels and Restaurants , as this is the time of year that they take their holidays and re furbish their property.

I would recommend that you have a look at the above two and go from there.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sept or Oct - Where to stay in Barbados????

The Coral Reef Club will be closed for annual refurbishment and staff holidays during the periods 19 May 2012 - 18 July 2012 and 01 September 2012 - 29 September 2012.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
71 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sept or Oct - Where to stay in Barbados????

Thanks everyone for the help. I will be sure to check out all of the above.

thanks almatt also!! we definitely want somewhere a bit different from dubai!!!

im looking at the fairmont royal pavillion as i type and just about to look at sandy lane

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
71 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sept or Oct - Where to stay in Barbados????

sandy lane also shut from 4th september till end of month

on another note. Is it worthwhile doing all inclusive?

i have seen a few resorts like turtle beach, crystal cove etc. we would still go out now and then anyway for drinks etc at night but was wondering if these places were any good?

Edited: 22 April 2012, 19:51
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sept or Oct - Where to stay in Barbados????

Stublue.KPL

I wouldn't recommend All Inclusive here as we have over 145 great restaurants on the island, and you will find yourself paying for food and drinks twice if you like to eat out a lot.

Should you like to go down that road, Turtle Beach Resort on the South Coast and Mango Bay Hotel on the West Coast would be two excellent choices.

Regards