We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin flight

Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
16 reviews
9 helpful votes
Virgin flight
Save

Hi anybody who has returned on the virgin flight bk to UK can I ask what was the food like

11 replies to this topic
North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
59 reviews
52 helpful votes
1. Re: Virgin flight
Save

I’d pick up a sandwich!!!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
29 posts
11 reviews
4 helpful votes
2. Re: Virgin flight
Save

Meagre portions - we grabbed a Subway before boarding at BGI and very glad we did.

Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
16 reviews
9 helpful votes
3. Re: Virgin flight
Save

Thank you for that what were the choices if you don't mind me asking

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
13,663 posts
63 reviews
78 helpful votes
4. Re: Virgin flight
Save

If you like flying fish cutters you can get them at Chefette in the airport before you go through to the secure zone. No problem carrying them through to the plane. When you unwrap them during the flight you might get offers to buy them. 😉

PMP
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
3,422 posts
100 reviews
94 helpful votes
5. Re: Virgin flight
Save

Is the food different depending on which class you are booked in, I,e, Upper / PE / E

Exeter
Level Contributor
340 posts
39 reviews
38 helpful votes
6. Re: Virgin flight
Save

General rule is the higher the class, the more dissapointing it is.

Wales, UK
Level Contributor
797 posts
123 reviews
122 helpful votes
7. Re: Virgin flight
Save

#5 when we went out virgin from Manchester, the announcement was x and y for economy and (same) x and y for premium.

There were 2 choices - veggie, think mushroom stroganoff and chicken tikka. We were premium and got the chicken tikka which was excellent, served in a ceramic bowl, think that’s the only difference in the meal given in economy.

Going back economy tomorrow and can post what we had.

Edited: 25 August 2021, 02:56
Level Contributor
656 posts
8. Re: Virgin flight
Save

#6 Very amusing. I will remember that Hector...

We are all different in our perceptions of what is offered. I have had about 40 clients in Virgin Upper in the past 6 weeks and almost all say it is considerably less appealing than it was. But some suggest that it is OK, while others say "I wouldn't go Upper again at that price". And others say "hardly surprising, what IS as good as it was?" By the way a similar siutation applies with BA, although I have had fewer clients on there.

Edited: 25 August 2021, 19:13
North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
59 reviews
52 helpful votes
9. Re: Virgin flight
Save

On our last flight with Virgin back from Barbados. There was a beef stew of some description and a pasta dish, both of which, in my opinion were inedible! I just said no to breakfast! I agree with Hector except for the cutlery and dishes etc the quality of food irrespective of what class you fly is pretty poor. I normally end up only eating the cheese and sometimes the dessert. I will say the afternoon tea is quite good, but obviously not available and flights to the U.K.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
67 reviews
25 helpful votes
10. Re: Virgin flight
Save

We’ve travelled to Barbados with Virgin Upper and BA Club. We were more than happy with the food and service on all trips.

However, the old mantra about never ordering fish on a flight, would still apply!

(Someone on one of our return Virgin flights ordered a fish starter and a fish mains and was violently ill with s&d within an hour. His partner, who’d had a different meal said they’d had identical food and drink over the previous 24-hours and so they were convinced “that it had to be one of the fish choices”. Others in Upper were saying to never chose a airline fish meal. We’d been warned years before)

Reply to: Virgin flight
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.