We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrived yesterday - positive experience

Level Contributor
15 posts
Arrived yesterday - positive experience
Save

We departed Heathrow on the 9:30am Virgin flight yesterday. Great flight. I'd say it was about 60% full.

Landed in BGI ahead of schedule. We hadn't paid for any kind of fast track so had to take a ticket and wait for our number before we were called for our test.

Test was quick and gentle. One nostril. Then through security and to baggage collection and out.

I can't believe how easy it was! They want to see paper copies though. I had my BIMSAFE app open and one of the airport staff told me I wouldn't need it. That was the worst bit, having to dig out various bits of paper at different points.

From landing to leaving the airport, I reckon it was about 45 mins. Results came through early hours of this morning so about a 12 hour turnaround.

I have been so anxious leading up to it but can relax now! If you are worried, like I was, try not to be. Ensure you have your print outs and all will be fine!

3 replies to this topic
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1. Re: Arrived yesterday - positive experience
Save

Glad to hear that, its time to relax and enjoy your holiday.

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,746 posts
27 reviews
58 helpful votes
2. Re: Arrived yesterday - positive experience
Save

Lovely to hear some good positive news. Have a wonderful holiday.

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
12,189 posts
13 reviews
14 helpful votes
3. Re: Arrived yesterday - positive experience
Save

Very encouraging. Thanks for posting.

Reply to: Arrived yesterday - positive experience
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.